Current job openings |
My Account - TeamWork Online | Mobile
Facility Operations/Security: Event Guest Relations
Part Time Event Coordinator - Kansas City Chiefs (Kansas City, MO)
JOB SUMMARY: The Event Coordinator is the primary point of contact for internal and external event clients and coordinates all aspects of the day-of execution of the event to ensure flawless operation of assigned events at Arrowhead Stadium.
- Primary day-of contact for event clients at Arrowhead Stadium as assigned.
- Plan, service and supervise all types and sizes of events
- Meet with clients prior to events and assist in determining event needs; concerning physical set-up needs and requirements for licensed areas.
- Provide clear, concise, and timely communication of detailed requirements and coordinate support staffing including conversions, engineering, housekeeping, security, audio/visual, telecommunications, and event staff personnel.
- Prepare diagrams, instructions, set-up requirements and supporting documentation for each event and distribute to appropriate staff; communicate changes before and during events.
- Prepares cost estimates and ensures all costs are paid before the event takes place.
- Inspect facilities and leased areas to ensure they are being maintained properly for events and ensure compliance with applicable fire, building and safety codes.
- Assist Sales Department in preparation of written cost estimates and site tours.
- Interpret and apply all relevant federal, state and local regulations.
- Work on all game days, special events and internal events in various capacities.Responsible for managing costs, billing and collecting payments from clients.
- Administrative duties as assigned to include updating accounts, internal requests, events paperwork, and accounting.
- Analytical Skills-Synthesize information; uses intuition and experience to complement data; designs and generates creative solutions.
- Problem Solving-Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; gather and analyze information skillfully. Must be able to develop solutions quickly and effectively.
- Technical Skills-Assesses own strengths and weaknesses; pursues training and development opportunities. Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills. Share skills with others and recognizes training opportunities for staff.
- Oral Communications-Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; listens and gets clarification. Demonstrates group presentation skills and participates in meetings.
- Written Communications- Writes clearly and informatively.
- Innovation-Displays original thinking and creativity. Meets challenges with resourcefulness.
- Judgment-Displays willingness to make decisions and exhibits sound and accurate judgment. Includes appropriate people in decision making process.
- Motivation-Demonstrates excellent personal motivation and encourages others to be motivated and enthusiastic. Shows persistence and overcomes obstacles. Takes calculated risks to accomplish goals.
- Decision Making- Must be able to make immediate decisions based on the best interests of the organization, staff, and guests. Decisions are generally related to essential duties and responsibilities of the position.
- Light office duties and activities.
- Long periods of standing and walking.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED (EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE/KNOWLEDGE/SKILLS):
- Experience in event operations in a stadium, arena, convention center or public assembly facility setting.
- Working toward a bachelor’s degree or better from an accredited college/university with major coursework in facility management, hospitality management, business management, marketing or related field.
- Flexibility in work schedule. Ability to work days or nights, weekends and holidays on a consistent basis.
- Strong computer skills including Microsoft Office applications, word processing, spreadsheets, database, presentation and Internet software.
- Demonstrated strong customer service skills.
- Knowledge of A/V equipment and electronic systems in public assembly facilities.
- Provide superior customer service in all situations including potentially high stress situations
- Knowledge of Auto Cad and Ungerboeck event management software preferred.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS (EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE/KNOWLEDGE/SKILLS):
- Two to four (2-4) years of increasingly responsible experience in event operations in a stadium, arena, convention center or public assembly facility setting.
- Bachelor’s degree or better from an accredited college/university with major coursework in facility management, hospitality management, business management, marketing or related field.
- Knowledge of Public Assembly facility management.
- Proven ability to identify the needs of users of the facility.
- Demonstrated familiarity with facility use contracts.
- Knowledge of fire and public safety regulations.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE
Note: This position was originally posted on the Chiefs employment site.
To ensure that your application is considered for this position, please
click here to apply for this job on the Chiefs employment site.
When you apply for this job online, you will be required to answer the following questions:
1. Yes/No: Do you have two to four years of increasingly responsible experience in event operations in a stadium, arena, convention center or public assembly facility setting?
2. Yes/No: Do you have a Bachelor's degree from an accredited college/university with major coursework in facility, hospitality and business management, marketing or related field?
3. Yes/No: Are you familiar with Ungerboeck or AutoCad?
4. What is the most important characteristic of an event coordinator?
Click here to see all of our employment opportunities.
Contact the TeamWorkOnline webmaster / FAQ