Current job openings |
My Account - TeamWork Online | Mobile
Internships: Any Internship
Intern, Events (Spring 2018) - USA Football (Indianapolis, IN)
Summary: The USA Football Events team seeks to hire a dedicated individual who will assist with planning and execution of USA Football’s portfolio of events including US National Team events, and USA Football’s National Conference from January 2018 through August 2018.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist Event Team with operational and logistical planning for events such as International Bowl, USA Football National Conference, Regional Development Camps, Coaching Clinics and National Development Games
- Assist with on-site execution of International Bowl Week, USA Football National Conference, Regional Development Camps, and National Development Games
- Manage event elements such as event registration, hotel operations, catering F&B, equipment ordering, asset movement, inventory, organization of storage unit, and event teardown/setup.
- Work directly with suppliers, facilities, hotels, and catering partners.
- Recruit volunteers to assist with all of USA Football events.
- Work in collaboration with various USA Football Departments which supports events including Marketing, Communications, Football Development, Legal, Digital, and Finance
Education: Recent graduate (within past 6 months) or current student pursuing a degree in business, sports management or related area
- Recent graduate or current student in business, sports management or related area
- Experience with a sports team, athletic department and event operations is preferred
- Ability to lift/push/pull 50 lbs. on a regular basis and stand/walk for long periods of time
- Detail-oriented and organized; ability to multi-task and solve problems (including hands-on problems)
- Quality writing and communication skills
- Organizational and project management skills
- Demonstrated teamwork and work ethic
- Internship begins January 3, 2018 and ends August 10, 2018
- Internship is full-time (40 hours/week)
- Internships are unpaid, with a $775 nominal monthly stipend, plus parking allowance
- Reports to Director, Events
- Position will be located at USA Football’s headquarters based in Indianapolis, IN
- Must secure housing and transportation in Indianapolis
- USA Football supports interns seeking academic credit
- Interns must identify learning goals and work with supervisor to achieve goals
- Examine the organization and its industry/environment
- Analyze and interpret functions and responsibilities
- Observe professionals in various roles and participate with them where appropriate
- Apply academic learning to practical and professional work experiences
- Learn how to perform specific tasks
NO PHONE CALLS – UNSOLICITED CALLS AND EMAILS WILL NOT BE RETURNED.
About USA Football
USA Football (www.usafootball.com) evolves and grows the sport through innovative standards and best practices to advance coach and player development, participation and safety within the fun of the game and its inherent values. As the sport’s national governing body and member of the U.S. Olympic Committee, USA Football partners with leaders in medicine, child advocacy and athletics to support positive football experiences for youth, high school and other amateur players. Follow USA Football at www.facebook.com/usafootball or on Twitter @USAFootball.
USA Football provides equal opportunities for employment and advancement for all individuals, regardless of age, gender, race, religion, color, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, national origin, or any other legally protected category.
When you apply for this job online, you will be required to answer the following questions:
1. Are you available for the full internship period (January 3-August 10)?
2. Do you have or can you arrange local housing near Indianapolis, IN?
Apply for this position
Click here to see all of our employment opportunities.
Contact the TeamWorkOnline webmaster / FAQ