Sales & Marketing: Consumer Marketing/Brand Management
Head of Content Marketing and Media Production - The Indianapolis Colts (Indianapolis, IN)
Job Description: Head of Content Marketing and Media Production
As Head of Content Marketing and Media Production, this individual will oversee marketing strategy as it relates to brand planning and content creation within the Indianapolis Colts organization, and with our branding agency.
The Head of Content Marketing and Media Production will oversee the creative design and development of all branded content. This position is responsible for aligning and unifying the Video and Production Department, the Digital Media and New Technology Department, and the Editorial and Creative Services Department for the purposes of executing a world-class branded content campaign.
This position will work collaboratively with their team to create compelling creative concepts to produce premium branded content executions. These creations will be focused on driving sales revenue and customer engagement across multiple platforms.
In addition to leading the Media Marketing group, this position will work closely with other Executive Leadership Team members, including the Senior Vice President of Sales and Business Development, Vice President of Marketing/Events, Director of Communications, and Ownership. Such collaboration will ensure that the Indianapolis Colts’ sales and marketing strategy is aligned with overarching business goals as it relates to Media Marketing and Ownerships’ business and brand strategy goals. The Vice President of Content Marketing and Media Production will also work closely with multi-functional team members from Finance, Data and Analytics, Products (Tickets, Premium Tickets, Sponsorship, Merchandise, etc.), and advertising operations.
- Provide visionary leadership rooted in strategy, analysis, data, and creativity, with a bias towards urgency and perfect execution.
- Provide creative direction for proposal/deck development as needed.
- Provide guidance on internal strategy development.
- Provide guidance with sales pricing strategy to inform the development of media plans in response to market opportunities.
- Provide guidance for the execution of sponsored content campaigns and client management.
- Partner with Sales leadership to identify market opportunities, win business, and exceed revenue goals.
- Work with Communications, Marketing/Events and Football Operations leadership to ensure the smooth and efficient delivery of campaigns.
- Work collaboratively with own team to craft differentiated audience insights and go-to-market traffic stories rooted in analytics and data science.
- Innovate by informing Ownership and the Executive Leadership Team of new advertising and platform opportunities.
- Coordinate with Editorial leadership to develop new editorial sponsorship opportunities that result in consistent messaging and align with our brand strategy goals.
- Work closely with the Executive Leadership Team in crafting proposals/decks for internal communications purposes.
- Maintain a positive, constructive and collaborative working environment for the Indianapolis Colts.
- A passion for problem solving, ownership of work, and successful execution.
- Collaborative work style with an emphasis on reaching consensus within a multi-functional team.
- Experience overseeing video production and television elements.
- A passion for creative brainstorming.
- Extensive experience crafting proposals/decks.
- Extensive experience with, and enthusiasm for, sponsored content and content marketing.
- Extensive experience with digital pricing strategy and media planning.
- Fluent in the language of content performance: unique visitors, page views, etc.
- Fluent in the language of digital media revenue: Impressions, CPMs, etc.
- Experience with social media and influencer marketing.
- Expert in online campaign execution.
- Excellent client service skills.
- Experience leading a multi-disciplinary team.
- Familiarity with online advertisement trafficking and reporting (via DFP, DFA, and other third-party platforms).
- Proactive work ethic and keen attention to detail.
- Strong communicator in person, over the phone, and via email.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Minimum five (5) years of experience in online media and/or advertising.
- Comfortable using data and analytics as tools that provide actionable insight for the organization’s media marketing strategy and business goals.