Internships: Any Internship
Corporate Partnerships Intern - The Detroit Lions and Ford Field Management, LLC. (Detroit, MI)
Ford Field Management, LLC is Detroit’s premier sports and entertainment destination and is the game day home of the Detroit Lions. Throughout the year, Ford Field hosts events such as concerts, motorsports, college sports, high school and college graduations, and more. Ford Field also has space available for conferences, meetings, and banquets. Ford Field has hosted major events such as Super Bowl XL and the 2009 NCAA Men’s Basketball Final Four.
Ford Field Management and the Detroit Lions are currently seeking a Corporate Partnership Intern that identifies themselves as a leader in the workplace, confident in their interpersonal skills, with a willingness to undertake a variety of tasks and the ability to deliver in a timely fashion.
This position is based out of the Ford Field stadium located in Downtown Detroit. This position will report to the Senior Manager of Partnership Services. Resumes will be accepted until 11:59pm on Friday, March 31.
The Corporate Partnerships Intern helps with all partner related activities including activation and execution of all contractually obligated sponsorship elements. This position also aids in the sales, renewal and proposal process for the Corporate Partnerships Department. The role is responsible for working on current sponsorship activation platforms, planning for the 2017 season, and assisting with any Corporate Partnership special events.
Hours/Duration of Position:
This is a part-time internship working approximately 25-30 hours per week. The internship would begin on or around April 24, 2017 and end approximately in late August 2017. This position is based at Ford Field in Detroit, MI. This is a paid position.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assisting with daily general office duties and operational needs of the Corporate Partnership department, including making copies, filing, creation of signage, data entry and report generation into and from CRM, front office coverage and phone/email correspondence
- Assisting with the coordination of Lions hosted events such Draft Party, Taste of the Lions and training camp
- Organizing and keeping inventory of our merchandise closet and helping with autographed merchandise
- Event planning, production and execution for partner sponsored events and/or meetings including mascot, cheerleader, Lions legends and player appearances
- Helping to create sponsorship proposals and advertising specifications for the upcoming season
- Will assist with coordinating digital and social media, hospitality, and in-market promotions that pertain to partnership agreements
- Helping to organize season tickets and sponsor game-day suites including tracking on spreadsheets, creating AP vouchers, and assisting with distribution
- Assist with other duties as assigned
Qualifications and Requirements
- Currently pursuing or recently completed Bachelor’s degree in Public Relations, Business, Sports Management, Event Management or related field required
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, Internet Explorer) required
- Experience with Adobe web elements (e.g. Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator) strongly preferred
- Strong oral and written communications skills. This includes the ability to speak clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations, listen and get clarification, as well as the ability to write clearly and informatively
- Poise and the ability to present him or herself to others with professionalism and maturity
- An energetic and self-motivated attitude
- Comfortable speaking with professional athletes, coaches, and partners in a work setting
- Demonstrates a commitment to seeing tasks through
- Quickly and easily identifies problems and works diligently to provide solutions
- Attention to detail, multi-tasking skills and the ability to thrive in a deadline driven environment
- Willingness to express and share thoughts and ideas to contribute to team brainstorm sessions
- Ability to work with a flexible schedule in order to be available for scheduled events, including nights, weekends and holidays
Please provide a copy of your resume along with a cover letter detailing your interest and related experience to the position. Those that do not provide a cover letter will not be considered.
NO EMAIL OR CALL INQUIRIES PLEASE.
Due to the high volume or resumes received, we regret that we are unable to update candidates on the status of their application. Those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer