Current job openings |
My Account - TeamWork Online | Mobile
Community Relations: Community Relations
Play 60 Youth Outreach Guide - Kansas City Chiefs (Kansas City, MO)
JOB SUMMARY: Looking for energetic individuals with excellent communication skills and a passion for working with elementary and middle school students. In this position, you will be leading groups of students through Arrowhead Stadium for educational fieldtrips with the Chiefs Sports Lab and the new Arrowhead Art Collection program. The Sports Lab is an interactive health and fitness zone specifically designed for school-aged children and is located inside Arrowhead Stadium. This position could also include off-site Play60 engagements within the Kansas City Community. Applicants must like working with children, be well-spoken with educators and group leaders, be extremely responsible and have a health-conscience mindset. Public Speaking and/or performance experience is highly recommended. Must be comfortable working with children and providing direction to groups of students.
- Operation and understanding maintenance of the Chiefs Sports Lab hands-on and computer interactive activities.
- Clear and friendly communication to all visitors of the Sports Lab and Arrowhead Art Collection.
- Leading tours through Arrowhead Stadium while promoting NFL Play60 and regional art.
- Being observant and taking a proactive approach to making a fieldtrip visit the best experience possible for both children and adults.
- Identify and resolve problems in a timely manner while remaining positive.
- Punctual, organized and possessing great time management skills.
- Must be able to work well in a team atmosphere.
- Prior experience with school-aged children is highly preferred.
- Public Speaking or performance experience is highly preferred.
- Requires frequent walking, standing, bending and climbing stairs.
- Must be able to occasionally lift 50 lbs.
- Problem Solving – Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; gather and analyze information skillfully. Must be able to develop solutions quickly and effectively.
- Technical Skills - Assesses own strengths and weaknesses; pursues training and development opportunities. Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills. Share skills with others and recognizes training opportunities for staff.
- Oral Communications - Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; listens and gets clarification.
- Written Communications - Writes clearly and informatively.
- Leadership - Exhibits confidence in self and others; inspires and motivates others to perform well. Readily accepts feedback from others and provides vision and inspiration to peers and subordinates. Displays enthusiasm, passion and optimism.
- Innovation - Displays original thinking and creativity. Meets challenges with resourcefulness.
- Motivation - Demonstrates excellent personal motivation and encourages others to be motivated and enthusiastic. Shows persistence and overcomes obstacles. Takes calculated risks to accomplish goals.
- Light office duties and activities.
- Ability to work long and irregular hours that may vary due to functions and may include day, evening, weekends, and holidays.
- Ability to push and pull objects, reach, bend, walk, sit and/or stand, climb, balance, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- Must be able to lift/carry objects weighing 50+ lbs.
- Ability to work in a moderate to loud environment during events and inclement weather temperatures.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED (EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE/KNOWLEDGE/SKILLS):
- Ability to interact appropriately with children (background check required).
- Public Speaking
- High School Graduate.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills.
- Art or Physical Fitness background preferred but not required.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE
Note: This position was originally posted on the Chiefs employment site.
To ensure that your application is considered for this position, please
click here to apply for this job on the Chiefs employment site.
Click here to see all of our employment opportunities.
Contact the TeamWorkOnline webmaster / FAQ