Current job openings |
My Account - TeamWork Online | Mobile
Current available jobs that best match lions:
Internships: Any Internship
INTERN - Events - The Detroit Lions and Ford Field Management, LLC. (Detroit, MI)
Ford Field Management, LLC is Detroit’s premier sports and entertainment destination and is the game day home of the Detroit Lions. Throughout the year, Ford Field hosts events such as concerts, motorsports, college sports, high school and college graduations, and more. Ford Field also has space available for conferences, meetings, and banquets. Ford Field has hosted major events such as Super Bowl XL and the 2009 NCAA Men’s Basketball Final Four. The Detroit Lions are the only NFL team to own, host and operate a college football bowl game in the Quick Lane Bowl, which features teams from the Big Ten and ACC conferences.
Ford Field Management and the Detroit Lions currently have a need for an Event Intern. This position is based out of the Ford Field stadium located in Downtown Detroit. We will be accepting resumes for this position until 11:59 PM on Wednesday, June 28th.
Summary of Position:
This position is responsible for supporting the Executive Director of the Quick Lane Bowl and Events and Events team with services directly relating to Events. Work will include coordinating event services with other departments: operations, catering, marketing, parking, merchandise, premium sales, sponsorship, broadcasting, facility services, security, housekeeping, IT, etc. Work may be reviewed through oral feedback, throughout meetings and by evidence of event client and team member satisfaction.
Hours/Duration of Position:
The full-time internship would begin on August 7, 2017, and end approximately January 5th, 2018. This position is based at Ford Field in Detroit, MI. The applicant must be able to work a flexible schedule, which includes working nights, weekends, and holidays. This is a paid internship, however candidates must provide their own transportation and housing in the Detroit area.
Working Events (calendar subject to change):
- All Home Lions Games
- DPS Football Championship
- Catholic League Football Championships
- Michigan Competing Band Association
- PAL Championship
- MHSAA Football Championships
- MAC Championship
- Quick Lane Bowl
- Assist the event lead for certain events, to work directly with the client (pre-determined by employer) and delegate all client needs to the appropriate departments as necessary.
- Assist the Operations Manager to supervise and coordinate operational and logistical elements for street parties that are held the day of the event.
- Grassroots marketing including social media (Facebook, Twitter & Instagram) implementation for various events as needed.
- Game Management liaison for major sporting events. Assist with team bands, travel arrangements, equipment, practice, and game logistics.
- Assemble décor RFPs for major events and negotiate pricing to determine the best candidate for bid.
- Signage – Ensure that all necessary signage is created and displayed for all major events to accommodate guests.
- Represent and promote Quick Lane Bowl at all major events
Detroit Lions Events:
- Training Camp – Assist in the set-up/tear down of equipment and activation of promotional elements
- Detroit Lions Pregame Tailgates – Assist in managing operational and logistical elements for tailgates on Brush Street prior to Lions games. Includes chalking the street, determining vendor booth locations, making sure all vendors adhere to the NFL Best Practices and Ford Field guidelines, and maintaining a safe environment for all guests.
- Promote and activate the Quick Lane Bowl trophy and tickets during Detroit Lions games
- Assist visiting teams and Lions equipment team with load-in, and ensure all needs are taken care of until they depart the stadium.
- Work with Operations team to secure and negotiate competitive bids for equipment needed for training camp and Lions games. May include bleachers, tents, golf carts, signs/banners, crowd barrier, portable restrooms, and all other items that may be needed.
- Assist in stocking 50/50 Game on Cancer raffle kiosks throughout the stadium prior to each game
- Monitor inventory on all 50/50 Game on Cancer raffle materials
- Make sure all 50/50 raffle equipment is charged and ready to go for the next event
Quick Lane Bowl:
- Create social media calendars and execute on all social channels while setting benchmarks to increase number of likes and followers
- Create, manage and update content on Quicklanebowl.com
- Organize and inventory all Quick Lane Bowl merchandise
- Coordinate logistics with Quick Lane Bowl and the community: Detroit PAL and QLB Fundraiser
- Game Management: Coordinate School bands practice, team equipment, game officials, gift distribution, signage
- Take lead on one or more travel party/ancillary events: Build A Bear/DIA/Science Center/Fowling
- Work with the DMCVB to secure and sign up volunteers for week-of events
- Secure and coordinate team late-night snacks including trade value, logistics and delivery to hotels
- Coordinate team snack bags: secure quantities and payment of snack items
- Encourage, promote and handle post-event merchandise sales
- Ensure that the Ford Field Event website is updated with all necessary event information: ticket information, parking/traffic information, entrances, etc.
- Analyze post event feedback from each event and determine which operational items can be performed more efficiently in the future.
- Assist with daily general office duties and operational needs of the Events department, including making copies, filing, creation and hanging event signage, front office coverage and phone/email correspondence
- Answer main telephone and transfer calls at the reception desk when asked to do so
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Strong guest service skills.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with colleagues and guests.
- Ability to communicate effectively.
- Ability to work independently; to perform multiple, unrelated duties at the same time, and to organize work effectively and efficiently.
- Ability to use MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Internet Explorer, Adobe).
- Ability to negotiate with clients and maintain effective working relationships.
- Ability to operate portable radios, telephones, fax machines, computers, and other office equipment associated with responsibilities.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and able to juggle, shift gears and maintain a sense of humor
- Ability to work with a flexible schedule in order to be available for scheduled events, including nights, weekends, and holidays.
- Bachelor degree in Communications, Marketing, Event Management or related field preferred
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including nights, weekends and holidays required
- Proficiency in MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Publisher, including Outlook, Internet Explorer and Adobe Illustrator)
- Prior event management experience strongly preferred
- Proficiency in Social Media (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat)
NO CALLS OR EMAILS PLEASE. We regret that we are unable to update candidates on the status of their application. Those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
Equal Opportunity Employer
When you apply for this job online, you will be required to answer the following questions:
1. Do you have a Bachelor degree in Communications, Marketing, Event Management or related field?
2. Do you have previous experience assisting in the coordination of a large event? If so, please provide details including the size of the event and the duties you were responsible for.
3. Do you currently have transportation and housing in the metro Detroit area for the duration of this internship?
4. Are you available to work the hours required for this position?
5. What excites you most about the Detroit Lions in regard to the Event Internship opportunity?
Apply for this position |
Go back job listings
Apply for Future Notification Only: Future Notification
Future Notification Only - NFL Teams (Various Locations, US)
If you would like to be notified of positions in the future with NFL teams participating in this program, please press "apply" below and fill out the entire application. Make sure your email is correct and you check off the notification boxes, otherwise we cannot send you notifications. Once you receive notification of a job, you must come back to the site to reapply. Entering your record here does not make you an applicant to any position and is not viewable by any team. If you need to update, edit, modify or delete your record, please go to “My Account-TeamWork Online” above and put in your email address and password.
Apply for this position |
Go back job listings
Click here to view all other job opportunities on this board.
Contact the TeamWorkOnline webmaster / FAQ