Current job openings |
My Account - TeamWork Online | Mobile
Current available jobs that best match buccaneers:
Internships: Any Internship
2016 Spring Internship Program - Tampa Bay Buccaneers (Tampa, FL)
The Tampa Bay Buccaneers are offering full time, 2016 Spring Internships to highly motivated and committed individuals wishing to build upon their college education with practical professional experience in the fast-paced, results-driven world of the National Football League.
Participants are given the unique opportunity to contribute to the organization's success while receiving an unparalleled, behind-the-scenes learning experience. The program is comprised of a comprehensive and flexible strategy that allows recent graduates to build upon their educational foundation in order to define, evaluate and achieve a variety of career-related objectives.
Although interns will be placed within specific departments, they are able to explore all aspects of the business of professional football through various outreach programs, networking events, and both group and individualized learning sessions. Interns will learn from mentors and establish relationships with industry leaders that will benefit their lives both personally and professionally.
The position is based upon supervised work experience in departments throughout the organization, including:
Community Relations Public Relations
Corporate Partnerships Purchasing
Digital & Social Media Team Operations
Events & Entertainment Video Production
The 2016 Buccaneers Internship program will begin in February and end in late June. Interns are paid hourly and work 40 hours per week during their internship period. Interns are also expected to commit to the full term of the internship. Applicants must be able to work flexible and some unusual hours including nights and weekends for Buccaneers events.
How to Apply
All applicants must submit a complete application, resume and cover letter via Teamwork Online. Applicants may select up to two (2) departments of interest for placement. A selection does not guarantee a position within that department. Due to the high volume of applications expected for our intern program, we ask that all communications in regard to the positions be conducted via Teamwork. Please ensure that your initial submission is complete.
- Four-year college degree or graduate degree
- Housing and transportation in the Tampa Bay area
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Excellent organizational and oral/written communication skills
- Proven ability to work independently and take ownership of projects
- Strong professional demeanor
- Experience in the sports industry preferred
Estimated Recruiting Timeline
- Sept. 28-Oct. 12 Job Application Posted
- Oct.26-Nov.13 Preliminary Interviews
- Nov. 16-20 Final interviews
- December 1-4 Offer Letters, Background Checks, Paperwork Processing
- February 15 Start Date of Internship
*Dates listed will be adhered to as closely as possible. Candidates moving forward in the interview process will be contacted individually by the Buccaneers via Teamwork or directly to request additional information and to schedule interviews. All unselected candidates will receive notification from the organization once the positions have been filled.
Department Intern Positions
Listed below are brief descriptions for each department. Please note that certain departments may ask for additional requirements.
- The Community Relations Department seeks a talented graduate eager to gain experience by working on a variety of community outreach programs and events. Some of the Community Relations Intern’s responsibilities include managing team donations, organizing charitable events in conjunction with the Glazer Family Foundation and Bucs Care Foundation, assisting with players’ charitable endeavors and assisting with the Cheerleading Department.
- Applicants must exhibit strong knowledge of current Buccaneers & NFL community outreach efforts and be able to interface with youth and various leaders in the Tampa Bay community.
Corporate Partnership Sales & Activation
- The Corporate Partnerships Intern will learn to prospect, pitch, close and maintain sponsors and partners, while gaining hands-on experience in professional sports marketing and business development. Responsibilities include assisting with the design, development and execution of intense marketing presentations for high-end decision-makers from prospective and current partners, interacting with key executives and decision-makers from local, national and international companies and learning the process of high-end sponsorship revenue development.
Digital – Website/Media
- The Digital Department is seeking a Content Management Intern to assist with both digital asset workflow and creation of HTML centric web pages. Buccaneers content is published daily and has mix of media sources, layouts and purposes. The Content Management Intern will be trained how to use the NFL CMS and gain practical experience in best practices.
- A degree in Production, Photography, Digital Media or a related field is preferred. Experience in Photoshop and working with digital assets of all types: images, videos, audio, graphics, text-based are required.
Events & Entertainment
- The Events & Entertainment Department seeks individuals passionate about event planning and game day entertainment to receive hands-on training in a live environment. The Intern will focus on all aspects of training camp, game day and event planning. This role will include execution, including concept development, branding, budgeting, staffing, production, talent, operations, venue selection, food and beverage planning, timeline creation and implementation while adhering to organization initiatives and strategies.
- The Graphic Design Intern reports to the Creative Services Department and will receive training on how to utilize type and image to execute visually communicated solutions in print/new media consistent with Buccaneers current brand strategies. Other responsibilities include designing print ads, graphics, website ads and content, invitations and other printed and electronic materials.
- A bachelor’s degree in Graphic Design is preferred. Experience with CS-6, Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator and knowledge of G5 Mac Pro, digital photography, and the OSX operating Systems are required.
- The Public Relations Intern will serve as a liaison between local, national and international media and members of the organization. Responsibilities include conducting daily content analysis among local and national media sources, coordinating media interviews for players/coaching staff, assisting with media requests and needs during training camp and the season, organizing weekly information including the game release, player features, statistical updates and notes, as well as game day responsibilities throughout the course of the season.
- A degree in Public Relations or Journalism is preferred.
- The Purchasing Intern will assist with daily operations of purchasing, office inventory, vendor negotiations and contracts, and will act as a liaison between pewter partners, vendors and members of the organization to assist in negotiating contractual arrangements, processing orders and monitoring contracts. Other areas of training include the quote and bid process, monitoring and maintaining business operations office supplies inventory, merchandise inventory as well as purchase order tracking logs.
- The Team Operations Department works in conjunction with Football and Business Administration to help determine travel needs and implement them both independently and in relation to larger team movements. Responsibilities include assisting with the management of the planning and execution of all team travel, aiding in the prospecting, bidding, and negotiating of contracts with hotels and transportation, compiling team travel guides, and aiding with graphics requests for any training camp and season needs. Transport personnel as needed. Clean driving record and valid driver’s license a must.
- The Video Production Intern will gain valuable, hands-on experience while working closely with Producers within the Creative Services and Digital Media Department. Responsibilities include shooting, editing and uploading press conferences and open locker room media availability, involved in creating news-type pieces and features on players, coaches, cheerleaders and fans for web and in-game, acting as a production assistant for producers and editing logo loops for events and presentations.
- Applicants must have experience operating Panasonic DVC Pro and Canon DSLR and a strong knowledge of Final Cut Pro and Adobe Premier Suite, including Photoshop, Premier Pro and After Effects CS6
When you apply for this job online, you will be required to answer the following questions:
1. What is your 1st choice department? Please list exactly as it appears above.
2. What is your second choice department? Please list exactly as it appears above.
3. Will you have completed your undergraduate degree by February 1, 2016? Please respond, 'Yes' or 'No'.
Apply for this position |
Go back job listings
Apply for Future Notification Only: Future Notification
Future Notification Only - NFL Teams (Various Locations, US)
If you would like to be notified of positions in the future with NFL teams participating in this program, please press "apply" below and fill out the entire application. Make sure your email is correct and you check off the notification boxes, otherwise we cannot send you notifications. Once you receive notification of a job, you must come back to the site to reapply. Entering your record here does not make you an applicant to any position and is not viewable by any team. If you need to update, edit, modify or delete your record, please go to "Edit Your Information" above and put in your email address and password.
Apply for this position |
Go back job listings
Click here to view all other job opportunities on this board.
Contact the TeamWorkOnline webmaster / FAQ