Sales & Marketing: Ticket Sales
Inside Sales Consultant - Cleveland Browns (Cleveland, OH)
ABOUT THE BROWNS:
In August 2012, it was announced that businessman Jimmy Haslam would be purchasing the Cleveland Browns. After the sale was announced, Mr. Haslam immediately began building a new front office staff with some of the sharpest minds in the industry. After league approval of the deal in October, Mr. Haslam named Joe Banner as the Browns new CEO.
Banner previously served as President of the Philadelphia Eagles, where he helped build one of the most successful NFL franchises over his employment. In his 18-year tenure with the team, the Eagles made 11 playoff appearances, won six NFC East titles, advanced to the NFC Championship Game on five occasions and made one Super Bowl appearance. From 2000-09, the Eagles led the NFC with 103 regular season wins, becoming just the 13th team in NFL history to top the century mark in victories over the course of one decade. The team also consistently ranked among the league-leaders in revenue producers.
On December 18th, the Browns named Alec Scheiner as their President, formerly an SVP and General Counsel with the Cowboys. In that role he also took the lead in the business operations of the team including the planning, financing, construction and marketing of Cowboys Stadium. Scheiner was also a key part of group that constructed the sales team in that achieved record-setting results. In 2010, Scheiner was named to the Sports Business Journal’s prestigious “Forty Under 40” list.
A few weeks later, the Browns announced Brent Stehlik as their new EVP and Chief Revenue Officer. Brent, who previously served as the SVP of Business Operations for the San Diego Padres, is a hard-charging, forward-thinking executive who has been responsible for helping of a number of great executives in their careers in the sports industry. In fact, more than 45 of Stehlik’s former employees have progressed to high-level positions within the sports industry (28 of them to the level of Director or above). In 2013, he was a recipient of the Sports Business Journal’s “Forty Under 40” award.
The business side also added John Davis as Vice President of Ticket Sales & Service, Matt Goodman as Vice President of Corporate Partnerships, Bob Sivik as Director of Season & Group Sales, and Nick Frasco as Director of Premium/Suite Sales & Service. All have come from different organizations with long lists of accomplishments, growth, and success. In their first season with the Browns, the team they assembled set a franchise record in New Season Ticket sales. Their goal is to continue building one of the top sales teams in professional sports.
Now is the time to be here. Now is the time to be a part of a team that is raising the bar and turning the Cleveland Browns into a model franchise in all of sports, with the training, coaching, and resources to build successful careers. Now is the time to be part of something special.
• Adhere to Cleveland Browns organization policies and procedures
• Act as a role model within and outside the Cleveland Browns organization
• Perform duties as workload necessitates
• Demonstrate flexible and efficient time management skills with the ability to prioritize workload
• Meet department productivity standards
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Contact current and past customers and qualified sales leads to generate new sales
• Ability to sell and up-sell, including but not limited to: four pack game plans, season ticket plans, additional tickets to season ticket holders, group tickets, parking, etc.
• Responsible for working on a computerized ticketing system
• Mail ticket orders and product information
• Handle all facets of work associated with incoming customer inquiries for Cleveland Browns season ticket sales
• Perform other duties as assigned
Experience, Education and Licensure:
• Bachelor’s Degree
• Strong customer service focus: project positive, helpful attitude and willingness to go above and beyond
• Excellent communication skills (verbal and written) and active listening skills
• Must be proficient in data entry and detail oriented
• Flexibility to work shifts that include evenings and weekends
• Ability to work well within a team environment, yet comfortable completing tasks independently
• Self-starter with the ability to be creative within a structured environment
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Must be computer literate with knowledge of Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Outlook) and demonstrate proficiency utilizing the Internet
• Must have excellent communication skills, good grammar, voice and diction
• Must have strong interpersonal skills and a team oriented spirit to provide exceptional service to our Browns fans
• Ability to understand products and services, research and communicate information and record daily activities in a fast-paced environment
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to sit; use hands; reach with hands and arms; talk and hear. Occasional lifting of 20 pounds required.
Work is normally performed in a typical interior/office work environment however employee will have “game-day” responsibilities.
Apply for Future Notification Only: Future Notification
Future Notification Only - NFL Teams (Various Locations, US)
If you would like to be notified of positions in the future with NFL teams participating in this program, please press "apply" below and fill out the entire application. Make sure your email is correct and you check off the notification boxes, otherwise we cannot send you notifications. Once you receive notification of a job, you must come back to the site to reapply. Entering your record here does not make you an applicant to any position and is not viewable by any team. If you need to update, edit, modify or delete your record, please go to "Edit Your Information" above and put in your email address and password.