Business Analytics Fellow - Cleveland Browns (Cleveland, OH)
The Business Analytics Fellow will play a critical role in the development and implementation of the Business Analytics function of the organization. This position will work intimately with senior management and all business departments (finance, marketing, sales & operations) to organize business data, build software tools and analyze results to assist in business decision making.
This position reports to the SVP, Finance & Administration.
Design and create processes for data extraction & analysis from internal and external data sources
Assist in the preparation of business plans/business case analysis for new projects or initiatives, working closely with different department managers to agree planning assumptions, scope, and objectives
Provide ad-hoc financial analysis to support business decisions. Build financial models using data from financial systems and other sources, to support business decisions and the execution of strategic and tactical initiatives
Assist in the identification of key performance metrics across departments, and develop related monitoring and communication protocols
Assist in identifying business issues and related opportunities for improvement
Establish and maintain strong business partnerships and cross-functional relationships
Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Finance, Accounting or Computer Science required, MBA preferred
Proven analytical and critical thinking skills, demonstrated ability to identify issues and problem-solve
Experience with R, Stata, or similar statistical software/packages
Strong technical and systems skills with proven ability to learn new applications and previous experience using Access, Business Objects, Excel, and Power Point
Good communication skills, both verbal and written, with attention to detail
Strong organizational skills; ability to manage multiple projects with competing demands for resources, ability to adapt to change
Proficiency in working in a fast-paced, complex, dynamic business environment
Flexibility, with the ability to work additional hours and in a variety of different business tasks as needed
Interest in professional sports and familiarity with related business terminology
SUMMARY DESCRIPTION: The Cleveland Browns Corporate Partnerships Department is looking for at least two highly motivated individuals for key internships with the Team. The internships are designed to provide sales and marketing experience within a professional sports team setting. The emphasis is to provide significant challenges and opportunities to showcase creativity, resourcefulness, and excellence in the field of sport and business management. The first internship will start on or about June 1, 2013 and run through August 31, 2013. The second internship will start on or about July 2, 2012 and run through January 31, 2013. All dates are subject to change.
DUTIES: • Research key corporate partnership prospects (including high level contact information) and work with the sales executives to cultivate these leads
• Assist the sales and servicing executives with new business and renewal proposal generation
• Assist with the fulfillment and execution of the Team’s corporate partnerships
• Maintain accurate and detailed records in support of sales and servicing efforts
• Assist with the organization and management of the partnership inventory tracking reports
• Assist with the activation and coordination of Training Camp, which includes the management of hospitality tents, partner registration and gift distribution
• Research and generate news clips related to the Team’s corporate partners
• Daily review of ClevelandBrowns.com, cleveland.com and other relevant websites to catalog any partner-related activation elements
• Coordination of game day hospitality and tracking of in-stadium partnership elements
• Other projects throughout the season, such as: Training Camp, Ladies Chalk Talk, Community Outreach, Browns Backers Worldwide, Jr. Backers, Corporate Partner Events and Mascot Appearances
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED: • 4-year college degree (with a focus on business and/or sport management)
• Strong written and oral communication skills and proficiency in Microsoft programs
• Ability to produce analytics using Excel and other related programs
• Ability to work weekends, nights and holidays as dictated by events or requirements
The Cleveland Browns Creative Services Department is looking for a highly motivated and enthusiastic individual to begin an internship on August, 2013 - January 2014 (dates subject to change). This individual must be highly organized with the ability to multi-task and work under the pressure of deadlines and offer creative solutions on a regular basis. All candidates must possess strong graphic design skills, knowledge of Mac Adobe Creative Suite graphic software including InDesign, Photoshop, and as well as standard Microsoft Office software including, Word, PowerPoint and Excel. Must also have a strong knowledge of print production. Candidate must be a team player, with strong interpersonal skills and demonstrate an eagerness to jump in and help out in a variety of areas: (photo printing, framing, image search/scanning etc.). The candidate must be proactive, forward thinking with a willingness to potentially work long hours including nights, weekends and holidays. The candidate should be a college graduate with a career path preferably in Graphic Design and an understanding of marketing/advertising.
Duties: Specific projects will include, but are not limited to:
• Production of graphic related projects, which includes manuals, programs, etc.
• Photoshop related projects including photo enhancement, photo outlining, color correcting and creation of graphic support elements for a variety of design projects
• Assist in designing of secondary projects from start to completion
• Assist in creation / revision of proposals
• Assisting with event and stadium signage projects
• Assist in production of framing for photos and graphics used as facility enhancement
• Organizing and managing our digital photos inventory
• Acquire a working knowledge of the NFL rules and policies, especially in the areas of trademark and licensing, as well as broadcast mediums
• Available to assist on a variety of miscellaneous duties and projects throughout the 2013 Season?
• Assist with Game-Day photography, shooting various parts of the Stadium footprint during each home game and cataloging those images
The Information Technology Intern is responsible for assisting the IT department with the organizations Help Desk calls, including user account management. This position will also be required to perform new PC installs, and cell phone management. This is a year-long 40 hour a week position.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
• Responding to and handling the organizations Help Desk calls to completion
• Following up on open help desk calls and verify their completion
• Backing up and re-imaging PC’s using Ghost™ and Windows Deployment Server
• Unlocking user accounts and resetting passwords
• Assisting with the support of hardware and software issues as they arise
• Add/Change cell phones and plans for company employees
• Other Duties as assigned
Knowledge and Required Skills
• Experience working with Microsoft Office 2007 and 2010
• Technical experience supporting Microsoft Windows XP/7 and Apple OS X
• Ability to troubleshoot printer problems
• Basic knowledge of PC Hardware and troubleshooting hardware failures
• Experience using the Microsoft Management Console, and Active Directory Users and Computers plug-in.
• Be able to lift at least 25 pounds
• Be detail oriented and have good communication skills
• Have good documentation skills and the ability to create documentation when needed
• Basic knowledge of computer networks (TCP/IP, DHCP, DNS) and Wi-Fi.
This position is 40 hrs./week and will be paid minimum wage.
In this seasonal sales position, you will actively prospect and research new ticket sales leads and make 80-100 phone calls per day to sell Browns season and group ticket packages. This is an entry-level position. Excellent communication skills are required as is the ability to work flexible hours including evenings, weekends, holidays and extended hours as needed. Previous customer service experience is a plus.
Adhere to Cleveland Browns organization policies and procedures
Act as a role model within and outside the Cleveland Browns organization
Perform duties as workload necessitates
Demonstrate flexible and efficient time management skills with the ability to prioritize workload
Meet department productivity standards
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Contact current and past customers and qualified sales leads to generate new sales
Ability to sell and up-sell, including but not limited to: four pack game plans, season ticket plans, additional tickets to season ticket holders, group tickets, parking, etc.
Responsible for working on a computerized ticketing system
Mail ticket orders and product information
Handle all facets of work associated with incoming customer inquiries for Cleveland Browns season ticket sales
Perform other duties as assigned
Experience, Education and Licensure:
Strong customer service focus: project positive, helpful attitude and willingness to go above and beyond
Excellent communication skills (verbal and written) and active listening skills
Must be proficient in data entry and detail oriented
Flexibility to work shifts that include evenings and weekends
Ability to work well within a team environment, yet comfortable completing tasks independently
Self-starter with the ability to be creative within a structured environment
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
Must be computer literate with knowledge of Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Outlook) and demonstrate proficiency utilizing the Internet
Must have excellent communication skills, good grammar, voice and diction
Must have strong interpersonal skills and a team oriented spirit to provide exceptional service to our Browns fans
Ability to understand products and services, research and communicate information and record daily activities in a fast-paced environment
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to sit; use hands; reach with hands and arms; talk and hear. Occasional lifting of 20 pounds required.
Work is normally performed in a typical interior/office work environment however employee will have “game-day” responsibilities.
The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the employee in this position. The above description is only a summary of the typical functions of the job, not an exhaustive or comprehensive list of all possible job responsibilities, tasks, and duties. Additional duties, as assigned, may become part of the job function. The duties listed above is, therefore, a partial representation not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of a person in this position.
ABOUT THE BROWNS:
In August 2012, it was announced that businessman Jimmy Haslam would be purchasing the Cleveland Browns. After the sale was announced, Mr. Haslam immediately began building a new front office staff with some of the sharpest minds in the industry. After league approval of the deal in October, Mr. Haslam named Joe Banner as the Browns new CEO.
Banner previously served as President of the Philadelphia Eagles, where he helped build one of the most successful NFL franchises over his employment. In his 18-year tenure with the team, the Eagles made 11 playoff appearances, won six NFC East titles, advanced to the NFC Championship Game on five occasions and made one Super Bowl appearance. From 2000-09, the Eagles led the NFC with 103 regular season wins, becoming just the 13th team in NFL history to top the century mark in victories over the course of one decade. The team also consistently ranked among the league-leaders in revenue producers.
On December 18th, the Browns named Alec Scheiner as their President, formerly an SVP and General Counsel with the Cowboys. In that role he also took the lead in the business operations of the team including the planning, financing, construction and marketing of Cowboys Stadium. Scheiner was also a key part of group that constructed the sales team in that achieved record-setting results. In 2010, Scheiner was named to the Sports Business Journal’s prestigious “Forty Under 40” list.
A few weeks later, the Browns announced Brent Stehlik as their new EVP and Chief Revenue Officer. Brent, who previously served as the SVP of Business Operations for the San Diego Padres, is a hard-charging, forward-thinking executive who has been responsible for helping of a number of great executives in their careers in the sports industry. In fact, more than 45 of Stehlik’s former employees have progressed to high-level positions within the sports industry (28 of them to the level of Director or above). He will soon be recognized as a recipient of the Sports Business Journal’s “Forty Under 40” Award in 2013.
The business side also added John Davis as Vice President of Ticket Sales & Service, Matt Goodman as Vice President of Corporate Partnerships, Bob Sivik as Director of Season & Group Sales, and Nick Frasco as Director of Premium/Suite Sales & Service. All have come from different organizations with long lists of accomplishments, growth, and success. All have come here to be part of building something special.
Now is the time to be here. Now is the time to be a part of a group set on implementing change and turning the Cleveland Browns' business into a model franchise in all of sports, with the training, coaching, and resources to make you the best you can be. Now is the time to be part of something special.
Department: Ticket Sales & Service
Reports to: Director, Premium Sales
The Premium Seating Account Executive is responsible for generating new business through the sale of Cleveland Browns premium seating inventory. It includes the selling of all club seats, annual and single game luxury suites through cold-calling, face-to-face appointments and networking opportunities.
Ideal candidates have 2-3 years sales experience with a professional sports organization, preferably in premium/suite/hospitality sales.
• Prospect, establish, research and close premium seating sales leads through cold-calling, appointments and networking.
• Meet or exceed weekly/monthly sales and prospecting goals
• Work closely with Ticket Operations and Service departments to achieve sales and prospecting goals
• Maintain high level of customer service to existing and new clients of the Cleveland Browns
• Participate in various sales, team and community events as assigned
• Represent organization at various networking events
• Active role in the Cleveland Browns game day experience
• Maintain accurate records in support of sales efforts as defined by the organization
• Other duties as assigned
Measurements of Success
• Achieved or surpassed individual sales and prospecting goals
• Established qualified prospect base through cold-calling, appointment setting and networking
• Displayed teamwork within the Ticket Sales & Service Department along with other Cleveland Browns business units
• Contributed to the overall success of the Ticket Sales & Service Department by actively participating in all meetings and events
• Strong written and oral communication skills
When you apply for this job online, you will be required to answer the following questions:
1. YES/NO: I have 2-3 years of prior sales experience with a professional sports property. If YES, please explain.
2. YES/NO: I have previously sold premium/suite/hospitality inventory for a professional sports organization?
3. How much money have you generated on a yearly basis through sales?
Software Development Intern - Cleveland Browns (Cleveland, OH)
The Software Development Intern is responsible for assisting the Software Developer in the development and maintenance of database driven and stand-alone .Net and Objective C-based software applications for all football-related aspects of the organization. This is a FULL-TIME position with a term of one year.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
• Assist the coaching, scouting, football administration, strength and medical and analytics departments through development and maintenance of a centralized player evaluation/football management system
• Work with the scouting department throughout the year to provide custom reports and data views for information pertaining to college and pro players.
• Create various reports in preparation for the annual NFL draft and free agency.
• Provide player and team statistics, salary and other relevant information to all departments through management system outlined above.
• Provide continual training and technical support for all system users
• Work extra hours as needed to achieve time-specific goals and meet deadlines
Knowledge and Required Skills:
• MS Visual Studio version 2005/2008 Application development suite
• Apple XCode Application development suite
• Visual Basic.NET,ASP.NET, HTML,XML, Objective C (Apple iOS) Application development languages
• .NET Framework v2,3.5,4.0 technology
• MS SQL server 2005/2008 RDBMS
• SQL, T-SQL, PL/SQL, SQLITE Database Programming languages
• SQL Reporting Services, 2005/2008 custom Reporting technologies
• Microsoft Windows XP / VISTA/7/8 as well as Microsoft Windows Server 2000/2003/2008
• MS IIS
• Adobe Photoshop
This position will be 40hrs./week and paid minimum wage
The Ticket Sales Coordinator is responsible for assisting the Ticket Sales and Service Department with the day to day operations of the department. This position reports to the VP of Ticket Sales & Service, and will work closely with the executive ticketing staff. The Cleveland Browns offer a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package.
Examples of Essential Duties/Responsibilities:
• Provide primary administrative support to Vice President, Directors and Managers in the Ticket Sales and Service Department
• Maintain budget spreadsheet tracking approved purchase orders and invoices for entire department
• Coordinate and execute departmental events, such as the Draft Day Party, Select-A-Seats, and Family Night
• Works with other departments to participate in planning and execution of any sales related event
• Serves as main contact and coordinator for any outside sales events (e.g. Trade Shows, Street Fairs)
• Generate letters, collateral, and any other information/correspondence on behalf of the ticket sales department for internal and external purposes, including mass mailings, e-mail blasts, event invitations, flyers, etc.
• Create and generate reports on all “promo” codes utilized by Sales department as well as providing accurate records for accounting
• Game day responsibilities when needed including assisting with department sales and service endeavors, or special events (pre, post and in-game)
• Coordinate fulfillment of in game amenities for clients (National Anthem, Color Guard, Halftime)
• Create and update the Ticket Sales in-game events calendar
• Coordinate Group and Season Sales events (receptions, orientations, mixers and B2Bs) and keep track of all RSVPs for events
• Maintain merchandise inventory and budget for both season and group sales department
• Facilitates all Group/Facility ‘Special Requests’ (e.g. corporate/organization logo give-away items, pre-game event/facility signage requests, décor requests, etc.)
• Coordinate with Community Outreach and Marketing departments for team signings, player appearances, and other needs
• Other duties as assigned
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
• A college degree or equivalent experience
• Ability to prioritize while handling multiple projects in a fast paced environment
• Excellent communication skills along with strong creative, analytical and negotiation skills
• Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to professionally interact with all levels of staff,
clientele and vendors
• Strong knowledge of computer programs. Must be proficient in Excel and database applications
as well as Word and Outlook
• Strong attention to detail and solid organizational skills
• Ability to work flexible hours including evenings, weekends and holidays when required
No relocation expenses provided
When you apply for this job online, you will be required to answer the following questions:
1. YES/NO: I have previously worked for a professional sports organization in a non-internship role. If YES, please describe.
2. YES/NO: I have experience in event planning. If YES, please describe.
3. YES/NO: I have previous budgeting experience. If YES, please describe.
Apply for Future Notification Only: Future Notification
Future Notification Only - NFL Teams (Various Locations, US)
If you would like to be notified of positions in the future with NFL teams participating in this program, please press "apply" below and fill out the entire application. Make sure your email is correct and you check off the notification boxes, otherwise we cannot send you notifications. Once you receive notification of a job, you must come back to the site to reapply. Entering your record here does not make you an applicant to any position and is not viewable by any team. If you need to update, edit, modify or delete your record, please go to "Edit Your Information" above and put in your email address and password.
Internship Notification - NFL Teams (Various Locations, US)
From time to time the participating teams in the NFL will be looking for interns. If you apply below and check off all of the internship notifications, you will be contacted about specific internship opportunities with these teams posting their internships on the NFL Teams Employment Site. This is a notification only, not an application for a job. Thank you. If you complete your application and then press "edit your information" you can be notified of full-time positions as well. Please complete the application first and then modify it to include notifications for full-time positions if you are in your final year of college or graduate school.