Current job openings |
My Account - TeamWork Online | Mobile | Post Your Jobs
Current available jobs in
Finance: Financial/Data Analyst
Business Analyst - Atlanta Falcons (Flowery Branch, GA)
The AMB Sports and Entertainment Group is a subsidiary of AMB Group LLC and is comprised of the Atlanta Falcons Football Club, LLC, The Atlanta New Stadium Project, and a potential Atlanta Major League Soccer team.
Atlanta Falcons Football Club LLC
The Atlanta Falcons are a professional American football club and member of the National Football League (NFL). The Falcons compete in the NFL’s NFC South Division. The team plays their home games at the Georgia Dome in downtown Atlanta, but construction is planned to begin in 2014 on a new retractable roof stadium with play beginning in the 2017 season. The team’s headquarters and practice facilities are currently located at a 50-acre site in Flowery Branch, Georgia. The Falcons’ NFL expansion franchise was awarded in 1965. Under current owner Arthur Blank’s leadership, the Falcons have become one of the League’s premier teams on and off the field.
The Atlanta New Stadium Project (NSP)
The Georgia World Congress Center Authority (GWCCA) and the Falcons have developed an agreement for a new retractable roof stadium to be built on the GWCCA campus. Scheduled to open in 2017, the NSP will serve as the home of the Falcons in addition to other sports, convention and entertainment events currently held at the Georgia Dome, and other new marquee events that will be hosted in the future. Since their first season in 1966, the Atlanta Falcons have called Downtown Atlanta home. After spending their first 26 seasons at Atlanta-Fulton County Stadium, the Falcons moved to the Georgia Dome in 1992. The Falcons’ last season in the Georgia Dome will be 2016. The new facility will allow the Falcons to provide a world-class, league-competitive, game-day, experience for fans to ensure the city and state are able to retain current major events as well as attract new marquee events to the region. The agreement calls for the Falcons organization to manage and operate all aspects of the NSP, unlike the current arrangement at the Georgia Dome. This represents a tremendous opportunity for the organization to control the game-day and event experience for all NSP attendees.
Atlanta MLS Team
The AMB Sports and Entertainment Group is exploring the possibility of acquiring and fielding a Major League Soccer (MLS) team as early as 2017. Negotiations are in progress, and it is anticipated that a decision on whether to move forward with the transaction will be made in early 2014. MLS, founded in 1996, is the top-flight professional soccer league in the United Sates. The league currently has 19 franchises in major markets across the United States and Canada, with plans to expand to 24 franchises by 2020.
Summary of Job
The purpose of the Business Analyst position is to compile, analyze, and report on business and financial data related to ventures within the AMB Sports and Entertainment Group. This position reports directly to the Vice President of Finance.
Role and Responsibilities
• Perform cost/benefit analyses for potential stadium and other ad hoc investments
• Make observations and recommendations based on strategic business and financial analysis
• Update, analyze, and report on financial projection models using information gathered from both external and internal sources
• Proactively communicate analyses and results to management
• Ensure financial projection information is up to date and shared with external partners
• Research and benchmark alternative league and stadium financial analysis, pricing, and inventory strategies
• Accompany manager to business meetings to understand business challenges
• Take complex business challenges with large amounts of data and depict in a concise, easily understood format
Qualifications and Education Requirements
• Bachelor’s Degree in Finance or related field
• 3 or more years of financial/business analysis experience in a consulting firm or corporate environment
• Excellent judgment and strategic thinking skills
• High initiative and follow-through
• Ability to independently analyze financial data and distill into an understandable format
• Process improvement
• Multi-tasking, highly detail oriented, and organized
• Excellent communication skills and commitment to provide outstanding customer service
• Exceptional computer skills (advanced Excel skills)
• Ability to act and operate with minimal daily direction from manager to accomplish objectives
• Flexibility in work schedule
• Ability to maintain confidential information
Note: This position was originally posted on the Atlanta Falcons employment site.
To ensure that your application is considered for this position, please
click here to apply for this job on the Atlanta Falcons employment site.
Go back job listings
Payroll and Benefit Plans Manager - Jacksonville Jaguars (Jacksonville, FL)
Summary: The Payroll and Benefits Plans Manager is responsible for overseeing both weekly and semi-weekly payrolls. In addition, Payroll and Benefit Plans Manager will develop and manage a competitive, best-in-class benefits program that aligns and integrates the Jaguars current benefits programs with its mission, vision, values and strategic goals. The Payroll and Benefit Plans Manager must be proactive, able to work independently, and ensure compliance with all applicable laws, legal requirements, and NFL rules. In addition, the Payroll and Benefit Plans Manager must be detail-oriented, have a high degree of accuracy and able to produce deliverables and work product in a timely manner. The Payroll and Benefits Plans Manager will be a part of the Finance and Planning department.
- Responsible for all aspects of payroll processing through ADP software (including, ADP Pay eXpert).
- Oversee both weekly and semi-monthly payrolls. This includes review and reconciliation of each payroll, and complete posting of the payroll to the appropriate general ledger accounts so that salaries, associated taxes, and benefits costs are accurately recorded in the Club’s financial statements.
- Determine that all player signing, performance and other award bonuses are accurately taxed and allocated to states/cities as applicable.
- Develop, implement and administer all health and benefits plans, including but not limited to life, health, dental, prescription drug, flex spending, voluntary and disability insurance, and 401(k) plan.
- Remain aware of internal company environment, competitive and legislative environment, and market trends and developments within employee benefits arena.
- Apply knowledge and provide input and recommendations to senior management to develop policies and programs that attract, retain and motivate the company’s workforce and improve our market competitiveness.
- Provide timely and appropriate communications to employees while ensuring that our benefits plans remain progressive, meet a wide scope of employee needs, comply with legal requirements and are cost effective
- Provide timely responses to employees when answering their benefits questions.
- Ensure that all employee and player taxable fringe benefits are accurately compiled, paid, and taxed.
- Serve as the expert for payroll matters. Provide excellent customer service in responding to and resolving employee concerns regarding paychecks and other payroll-related matters in a timely manner.
- Responsible for recording and tracking PTO, providing verification of employment upon request, cross-checking the data entry of new hires, salary adjustments, deductions, and benefits, as directed.
- Enroll newly eligible employees in all benefits plans for which they are eligible and elect to enroll in, as well as the timely processing of all benefit changes and terminations.
- Manage the annual benefits open enrollment process
- Assist with any payroll or benefit audits in a timely and efficient manner
- Manage vendor relationship for all benefit plans
- Oversee the accurate and timely completion of employee W-2 forms including the calculation of all employee and player taxable fringe benefits.
- Process periodic items that go through the payroll system such as: HSA account payments, 401k and savings program payments and administration including loans, pension and vacation payouts, interim checks, reimbursements, garnishments, bonuses, etc.
- Accurately and timely process out of state payroll calculation for visiting athletes and team personnel as determined by visited jurisdiction.
- Must stay current on all payroll laws and related requirements and work independently making decisions that may financially impact the company.
- Coach and train the Payroll and Benefits Specialist to ensure appropriate backups are available within all functions of the payroll process.
- Complete monthly reconciliation of payroll reports, including all the benefits, garnishments, and support payments, to ensure proper payments are made timely via check, wire or ACH.
- Complete the monthly reconciliation of payroll related general ledger accounts.
- Oversee all critical payroll internal controls and procedures, including developing and enforcing standards, to ensure the accuracy and timeliness of payroll processing.
- Document preparation and reconciliation of the 401k, HSA and other programs, for distribution and dissemination to third-party administrators.
- Other payroll duties to include various reconciliation/spreadsheets in Excel may be required.
- The Controller or Vice President of Finance and Planning will assign other general accounting duties and projects on an as needed basis.
- Bachelor’s degree
- ADP software experience (including, (including, ADP Pay eXpert)
- Strong Microsoft Office suite skills (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Minimum of five years’ specific and progressive experience in payroll and benefits, with payroll Supervisory experience
- Comprehensive knowledge and understanding of payroll and benefits best practices, payroll regulations (e.g., FLSA), multi-state wage/tax law, and record keeping/administration required
- Thorough understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP), general accounting and reconciliation experience
- CPP designation
- Experience in payroll tax reporting with multi-state jurisdictions a plus
- Experience with Great Plains Software (including payroll module) a plus
- ADP Professional Certification Program in ADP Pay eXpert ® a plus
- CBP or CEBS certification
- Organization, attention to detail and customer-service oriented.
- Ability to effectively multi-task on a daily basis.
- Ability to work independently, exercise judgment and make sound decisions that will have a financial impact on the company
Team player with independent initiative
Thorough and analytical attention to detail and critical thinking
Exceptional communication skills, both verbal and written
Excellent time-management skills
Ability to perform in a team environment as a team member or leader in a cross-functional team.
Ability to establish and maintain a positive and professional working relationship with all individuals.
Applications are being accepted online only. Please do not call to apply for this position. Please provide complete information. An incomplete application may affect your consideration for this position. The Jacksonville Jaguars are committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity and will not discriminate against an applicant on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, rules, or legal requirements.
By submitting this application, you understand that you may be subject to a pre-employment drug test. You certify that the information in your application is true, correct and complete. You authorize the Jaguars and its representatives to contact your prior employers and other references and all others for purposes of certification of the information you have provided. You understand your application is subject to, among other things, your eligibility to work in the United States.
When you apply for this job online, you will be required to answer the following questions:
1. Yes/No Do you have a bachelor's degree
2. Yes/No Do you have ADP software experience (including, ADP Pay eXpert)
3. Yes/No Do you have strong Microsoft Office suite skills (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
4. How many years of specific and progressive experience do you have in payroll and benefits, with payroll Supervisory experience do you have (you must answer this question)
5. Yes/No Do you have a comprehensive knowledge and understanding of payroll and benefits best practices, payroll regulations (e.g., FLSA), multi-state wage/tax law, and record keeping/administration
6. Yes/No Do you have a thorough understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP), general accounting and reconciliation
7. Yes/No Do you have a CPP designation
8. Yes/No Do you have experience in payroll tax reporting with multi-state jurisdictions
9. Yes/No Do you have experience with Great Plains Software (including payroll module)
10. Yes/No Do you have a certification in ADP Professional Certification Program in ADP Pay eXpert ®
11. Yes/No Do you have a CBP or CEBS certification
12. What are your salary requirements (you must provide a range)
13. Yes/No Are you willing to relocate to Jacksonville, Florida?
14. Yes/No Do you have supervisory experience?
Apply for this position
Go back job listings
Contact the TeamWorkOnline webmaster / FAQ