Information Systems/Technical: Technical Support/Help Desk
Senior Application Developer - Washington Redskins (Ashburn, VA)
We are looking for an experienced software engineer to design develop and maintain software applications for our Football Operations Department.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Responsible for meeting with key team members to gather requirements and deliver fully functional applications.
Responsible for managing and administrating a SQL Server database server including all day-to-day and annual maintenance. Retrieve and store data. Manage reporting, and work with external heterogeneous.
Football Systems Architect
Must have the ability to architect a system that takes each application built (especially including all database components) and create a strong vision for how the end system will integrate information for each of these applications. Senior Application Developer will be able to foresee possible pitfalls as well as opportunities for each piece of information gathered.
- Computer Science or related undergraduate degree
- At least five years of experience in application design and development
- Strong programming background using .NET/C#
- Ability to demonstrate examples of previous roles in application’s development
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft SQL Server and familiarity with stored procedures, views, and functions.
- Fully familiar with the software development life cycle, and ability to describe past contributions relating to each phase (i.e. gathering requirements, design and prototyping, testing, final implementation, and maintenance and support)
- Able to handle ALL aspects of building applications including design, coding, database implementation, long term maintenance, and support
- Possess problem solving skills and be able to perform troubleshooting research
- Work effectively with employees at differing levels within the organization, including senior level management.
- Present oneself in a professional manner, keeping in mind you are representing the Washington Redskins and the National Football League.
- Strong interpersonal, written, and listening communication skills
- Self-motivated and proactive
- Ability to prioritize and be flexible as priorities change
- Committed to continually improving performance
- Bring a high energy level and passion for this industry
- Timely and detail oriented
- Able to work long and non-traditional hours in non-traditional settings, including weekends and holidays
- Must be able to function at a high level in a high pressure environment
1. Do you have working knowledge of .NET/C# programming language?
2. Do you have working knowledge of Microsoft SQL Server (creating databases and stored procedures)?
3. Do you have minimum 5 years of experience in application development?
The Washington Redskins offer a competitive salary and an excellent benefits package. If you wish to become a part of this exciting, fast paced organization AND you meet the requirements listed above, please reply with a resume, cover letter and salary requirements.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.