Community Relations: Fundraising/Major Gifts
Washington Redskins Game Day Staff - Washington Redskins (Landover, MD)
POSITION SUMMARY: The Washington Redskins are looking for friendly, high-energy, motivated sellers to join our 50/50 raffle sales team for the 2014 season. This is a paid seasonal position.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Approach fans pre-game and in-game to explain the details of the 50/50 raffle program
- Accurately handle the sale and distribution of the tickets, following program requirements
- Answer questions fans may have about the program and the Washington Redskins Charitable Foundation
- Turn in all cash and tickets to Coordinator at the close of the shift
- Meet and exceed minimum sales goals
- Hours: Approximately 8 hours each Washington Redskins Home Game (Two Pre-Season and Eight Home Games). Attendance at all home games is required.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Must be over 18.
- Prior cash handling experience required
- Ability to interact positively with large fan base
- Must be detail oriented and have strong organizational skills
- Strong interpersonal and verbal communication skills
- Strong sales skills. A background in sales or marketing is strongly encouraged.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment and use problem solving skills
- Candidates must be willing to work nights, weekends and holidays if necessary.
- Must be able to work in a variety of weather conditions
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time and walk long distances in parking lot and stadium complex. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- All candidates may be subject to background checks and drug testing
This position requires an outgoing personality and a passion for raising money for the Washington Redskins Charitable Foundation.
Reports to: Donor Services Coordinator, Charitable Foundation
If you wish to become a part of this dynamic, fast-paced organization and you meet the requirements listed above, please apply by submitting a cover letter and resume.