Current available jobs in
Community Relations: Community Relations
Community Relations Manager - Pittsburgh Steelers (Pittsburgh, PA)
The Manager of Community Relations reports to the Director, Strategic Planning & Growth and is responsible for managing all efforts related to the organization’s community relations mission.
SPECIFIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Directly responsible for managing all efforts related to the organization’s community relations mission.
- Accountable to proactively and strategically plan the community mission and activities to position the Pittsburgh Steelers positively in the region and beyond.
- Responsible for managing all aspects of player appearances as it relates to the Community Relations Department;
- Accountable for tracking the donated and/or autographed memorabilia;
- Actively support the Director in managing relations with community partners and organizations;
- Perform any other duties as assigned by the Director, Strategic Planning & Growth as well as the President.
- Works closely with the Youth Football Manager and Alumni Relations Manager on cross functional community activities.
- Directly supervises Community Relations Administrative Assistant
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws.
EDUCATION, TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Minimum of Five (5) years of related experience.
- Knowledge of community programs and organizations and methods involved in developing community relations programs
- Proven ability to manage effective outreach programs
- Experience in outreach to community groups
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong organizational and management skills
- Confidence in presenting plans and projections to senior management
- High degree of proficiency MS Office Suite, Outlook & Internet applications, specifically MS Excel
- Demonstrated collaborative skills and ability to work well within a team
- Self-motivated with critical attention to detail, deadlines and reporting
- Ability to work nights and weekends
When you apply for this job online, you will be required to answer the following questions:
1. Do you have a minimum of five (5) years of experience in the Commuity Relations field?
2. Do you have experience in managing outreach programs? If so, please describe.
3. Have you developed Community Relations programs? If so, please describe.
Apply for this position
Go back job listings
Community Relations: Fundraising/Major Gifts
Washington Redskins Game Day 50/50 Raffle Ticket Seller - Washington Redskins (Landover, MD)
Are you a friendly, high-energy sports fan looking to make a difference in your community? The Washington Redskins are seeking enthusiastic individuals to play a crucial role within the organization's gameday structure as 50/50 raffle ticket sellers. During each home game, 50/50 raffle tickets are sold to fans at FedExField with the proceeds benefiting the Redskins Charitable Foundation as well as local non-profits championing breast cancer awareness, pediatric cancer and more.
This position requires an outgoing personality as sellers will be asked to approach fans attending the game in the tailgating area, on the main concourse, and in the stands. This job is perfect for those wishing to give back to their community, looking to find out how non-profits function or what working for a professional sports organization is like.
This is a paid part-time seasonal position.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage pre-game set up for designated raffle kiosk
- Comfortably handle large cash transactions, and the sale and distribution of 50/50 raffle tickets throughout your work shift
- Work to engage fans and spread awareness of 50/50 raffle program and the Redskins Charitable Foundation by approaching fans
- Problem solve quickly and efficiently. Answer questions fans may have about the 50/50 raffle program
- Responsible for meeting and/or exceeding designated sales goals per game
Hours: Approximately 4 hours each Washington Redskins Home Game.
Dates of Games:
- Thursday, August 20
- Thursday, September 3
- Sunday, September 13
- Sunday, September 20
- Sunday, October 4
- Sunday, October 25
- Sunday, November 15
- Sunday, November 29
- Monday, December 7
- Sunday, December 20
- Must be over 18
- Prior cash handling experience
- Ability to interact positively with large fan base and work independently
- Self-starter who will consistently challenge oneself to increase their individual 50/50 raffle ticket sales game to game
- Strong interpersonal and verbal communication skills
- Strong sales skills (a background in sales or marketing is strongly encouraged)
- Candidates must be willing to work nights, weekends and holidays if necessary (dependent on schedule)
- Must be able to work in a variety of weather conditions
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time and walk long distances in parking lot and stadium complex. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
- All candidates will be subject to background check
Reports to: Donor Services Coordinator, Redskins Charitable Foundation
If you wish to become a part of this dynamic, fast-paced organization and you meet the requirements listed above, please apply by submitting a cover letter and resume.
Apply for this position
Go back job listings