Community Relations: Community Relations
Director of Government and Community Affairs (State and Local) - CenturyLink Field (Seattle, WA)
The Director of Government and Community Affairs (State and Local) at First and Goal Inc., is responsible for the development and execution of government relations strategies and the day-to-day management of community and government relations issues invovlving the Seattle Seahawks, Seattle Sounders FC and First and Goal Inc. This position provides government relations policy guidance to multiple internal and external groups and collaborates with existing community affairs and media relations teams. This position is also responsible for “crisis management” as regulations, legislation and issues are proposed and the need toquickly shift and respond in order to protect and promote the interests of the Seattle Seahawks, Seattle Sounders FC and First and Goal Inc.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Manage government relations at the state and local levels on a day-to- day basis.
• Provide government relations policy guidance to internal and external groups.
• Perform "Crisis management" in response to various proposals, issues and decisions.
• Attend the Public Stadium Authority’s Community Partnership Forum working closely with stakeholders from the surrounding neighborhoods.
• Establish and maintain regular contact with key state and local officials, both elected and appointed.
• Write, produce and present professional position papers and other presentation material.
• Develop and maintain relationships with state and local community partners.
• Represent the Seattle Seahawks, Seattle Sounders FC and First and Goal Inc. in a variety of government and political settings, including public hearings and forums, private meetings, and political fundraisers.
• Coordinate with Public Stadium Authority on a variety of operational, and development issues surrounding CenturyLink Field.
• Coordinate M/WBE Program with finance department and implement outreach plan as developed.
• Develop and implement government relations strategies for the Seattle Seahawks, Seattle Sounders FC and First and Goal Inc.
• Manage projects and initiatives that will achieve the company’s goals and objectives among multiple and diverse public officials and stakeholders.
• Collaborate with General Manager to develop and implement comprehensive communications strategies for the Seattle Seahawks, Seattle Sounders FC and First and Goal Inc. projects and initiatives.
• Research and analyze emerging issues of political or regulatory consequence to the Seattle Seahawks, Seattle Sounders FC and First and Goal Inc..
• Oversee political campaign consultants and public opinion researchers as needed.
• Initiate and coordinate outreach to various political and other stakeholders.
• Manage relationships and communications with state and local lobbyists.
• Demonstrate honesty, responsibility, integrity and fulfillment of commitments.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Knowledge, experience, skill, and/or ability
• Must be highly skilled in devising and executing effective communications and strategies for projects requiring involvement and support from multiple and diverse governmental entities and officials.
• Must be thoroughly adept at distilling and clearly conveying key messages that will assist the company in achieving its business objectives.
• Must be able to work with a broad range of individuals with diverse backgrounds and interests.
• Ability to turn problems into solutions.
• Experience and ability to analyze proposed legislation and regulations.
• Experience and ability to function effectively as an integral member of a larger multidisciplinary team.
• Ability to write clearly and concisely.
• Ability to read, analyze, interpret and evaluate proposals, contracts, statutes and government regulations.
• Strong verbal and interpersonal communication skills.
• Knowledge of and familiarity with key state and local elected and appointed officials.
None at this time.
Required computer skills
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office programs (Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint) is required.
Bachelor’s degree (B.A. or B.S.) from accredited institution and 8 plus years relevant experience, OR equivalent combination of education and experience.
Work Environment and Physical Demands
May at times be exposed to varied weather conditions.
While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly required to use hands and fingers. The employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is required to stand, sit, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee is frequently required to lift 25 pounds. This job requires many hours of standing and walking during events and on game day. The visual requirements include: the ability to adjust focus, peripheral vision, and close vision. Requirements may vary depending on position.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills required of personnel so classified.
Community Relations: Community Relations
Manager, Cause Marketing - The Detroit Lions - Ford Field (Detroit, MI)
The Detroit Lions Community Relations Department is currently accepting applications for the newly created role of Manager, Cause Marketing. This full-time position is based out of the Ford Field stadium located in Downtown Detroit and will occasionally work out of the Detroit Lions Practice Facility located in Allen Park.
This position includes a full benefits package as well as wonderful perks. The Manager, Cause Marketing will report to the Director of Community Relations with dotted line reporting to the Corporate Partnerships and Marketing departments.
The Detroit Lions Community Relations Department is responsible for the development and implementation of community outreach activities including the administration of the team’s non-profit and charitable initiative, Living for the City. Living for the City supports organizations that pursue integrated approaches to housing, land use and environmental planning, public transportation, community infrastructure, and aligned workforce opportunities. To learn more about the Living for the City initiative, please visit: http://www.detroitlions.com/community/index.html
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The Manager, Cause Marketing will be responsible for:
- Working directly with Director of Community Relations, with dotted line to the Partnerships department, to further monetize the Living for the City initiative in support of a fully integrated Cause Marketing approach.
- Managing the cause marketing relationships between Lions, corporate and community partners and other stakeholders in furtherance of our community engagement strategies by coordinating relevant LFTC coalitions (Hatch Detroit, Playworks Detroit, Eastern Market Corporation and Goodwill Industries of Greater Detroit).
- Managing partnership activation and fulfillment obligations relevant to cause marketing programs and projects.
- Working closely with the Partnerships department, continuously identifying and engaging new cause marketing partners and coalition members and representing the organization at partnership/marketing meetings, community policy forums and other relevant meetings.
- Tracking developments in the city of Detroit as they pertain to LFTC objectives, including community development (neighborhood revitalization, workforce development and transportation) and community health & wellness (food insecurity, childhood obesity and hunger)—and play a leadership role in shaping activities of relevant social entrepreneurial and philanthropic coalitions on these issues.
- Assisting the Director in the oversight and development of Lions community engagement messaging in collaboration with the corporate communications team through:
o Formulation of key messages to stakeholders
o Development of grassroots advocacy strategy and outreach activities
o Oversight of the development of communications materials and media relations in collaboration with the corporate communications team
o Working closely with marketing, partnership and communications teams in leveraging corporate partnerships/relationships to further community engagement goals
- Strong oral and written communications skills. This includes the ability to speak clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations, listen and get clarification, possess excellent group presentation skills, ability and willingness to actively participate in meetings, as well as the ability to write clearly and informatively.
- Strong organization skills and the ability to balance multiple priorities.
- Strong interpersonal skills. This includes the ability to build excellent working relationships with coworkers, corporate and community partners, as well as the ability to work appropriately and professionally with senior staff and high-level officials.
- Mature judgment, a willingness to make decisions, exhibits sound and accurate judgment, and includes appropriate people in the decision-making process.
- Enterprising and resourceful. An innovative thinker who displays original thinking and creativity and meets challenges with resourcefulness.
- Excellent personal motivation with the ability to work independently in a fast paced environment.
- Competence to undertake project management and assignments with independence.
- Attention to detail. Ability to produce a professional and precise work product.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule in order to be available for scheduled events, including nights, weekends and holidays.
Education and Experience:
- At least two years of professional work experience in fast-paced corporate community relations, partnership marketing and/or cause marketing unit is required.
- Some experience with non-profit or public policy-oriented office a plus (e.g., government, consultancy, or policy/political organizations).
- Strong interest in the city of Detroit and passion for connecting Lions CSR strategy and community partnerships to corporate partner opportunities strongly preferred.
To apply for this position, please submit your cover letter detailing your qualifications and interest in the position and include a resume summarizing your past work experience. We will accept applications for this position until December 13, 2013.
Due to the high volume of resumes received, we regret that we are unable to update you on the status of your candidacy or confirm that your resume was received. No Calls Please.