Current available jobs in Communications:
Communications: Media/Public Relations Servicing
Social Media Manager - Kansas City Chiefs (KANSAS CITY, MO)
JOB SUMMARY: This is full-time, salaried position within the Kansas City Chiefs Digital Media Department. Following industry, league and fan trends and by having a deep knowledge of the NFL platform, this Social Media Manager will be able to recommend and execute best practices in our digital and social media presence.
1. Manage all aspects of the club’s social media accounts on a day-to-day basis – including content creation, community management and development and strategic plan implementation.
2. Collaborate with various members of the team including digital content, video production, photography, website management, marketing, community communications and agency to deliver and execute successful social tactics that aligns with the overall digital strategy.
3. Create sharp, useful, informative or entertaining content (including but not limited to Facebook posts, Tweets, GIFs, Snaps, images and short format videos) to engage consumers across social channels while maintaining brand voice.
4. Align content strategy, coverage, team communications, marketing messaging, stadium and events and sponsored posts on the various social media platforms.
5. Maintain and update a social media content calendar with multiple departmental initiatives.
6. Collaborate with the partnership teams to create engaging and valuable sponsorship inventory and brand integration opportunities.
7. Provide game coverage with occasional travel.
8. Monitor best practices and trends in organic and branded social media, effectively communicate relevant news and opportunities to internal teams.
9. Manage social media producer role to best align social coverage and execute strategic plan initiatives.
1. Bachelor’s Degree.
2. 3+ years of experience in digital/social media, journalism, interactive marketing, creative services or related field.
3. Vast knowledge of all social media platforms and how brands utilize these platforms to meet and support business objectives.
4. Experience with writing, copy-editing, photo editing, graphic design and video production.
5. Ability to evaluate and interpret digital/social performance analytics for the purposes of designing fan/follower growth strategies and engagement level improvements.
6. Experience using social media publishing and analytics tools. Preference for use of Spredfast tools.
7. Be involved in the planning and execution of Chiefs social media efforts in a highly collaborative environment where participation is expected.
8. Strong visual eye with regard to the creation of graphics and selection of images for social publishing. Experience with graphic design using such programs as Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop.
9. High attention to detail/brand alignment from both graphics and voice.
10. Must be willing and able to work non-traditional hours in non-traditional settings (nights, weekends and holidays as required).
11. Ability to meet deadlines and think creatively.
12. Deep knowledge of the National Football League.
13. Passion for football and the social media industry.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS (EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE/KNOWLEDGE/SKILLS):
1. Familiarity of HTML desired, but not required.
2. Attention to detail, grammar and proofreading skills.
3. Must be a willing and able team player, ready to learn new concepts and processes, and willing to travel when necessary.
4. Strong organizational and communication skills.
5. Must be able to work on Mac and PC platforms.
QUICK FACTS / REQUIREMENTS:
All candidates must have authorization to work in the U.S.A.
HOURS REQUIRED: 40 hours per week.
Note: This position was originally posted on the Chiefs employment site. To ensure that your application is considered for this position, please click here to apply for this job on the Chiefs employment site.
Contact the TeamWorkOnline webmaster / FAQ