Current available jobs in Communications:
Communications: Media/Public Relations Servicing
Director of Public Relations/Communications - Cincinnati Bengals (Cincinnati, OH)
Position Summary/Objective: The responsibilities of the Director of Public Relations/Communications will include managing the Club’s communications, social and digital media and football media staff and coordinating team and corporate media messaging and interaction. The position will involve serving as a club spokesperson, creating business-related story ideas for the media, and drafting communication plans for coaches, players, season ticket members and corporate sponsors.
1. Develop relationships with members of the local, regional and national media
2. Assist in the staff assistant selection process.
3. Coordinate amongst all departments the development and execution of key messages and talking points
4. Coordinate with assistance of Manager of Public Relations the following:
i. Team press releases, team media guide and other team publications.
ii. Serving as a writer for all press releases and the team media guide.
iii. Managing media opportunities/requests for team and staff.
iv. Assisting media during open locker room period.
v. Maintaining statistics for team releases.
vi. Creating postgame notes to distribute to media at home and road games.
vii. The statistical crew in press box for home games.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities & Other:
1. Strong verbal and written communication skills.
2. Strong computer skills, including Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Outlook) is strongly preferred.
3. Ability to develop and proactively pitch team business-related stories to local and national media.
4. Ability to work nights, weekends and potentially holidays.
5. Strong team leadership skills preferred.
Minimum five (5) years of experience working in Public Relations. Experience working in an agency setting and/or with consumer-facing brands preferred. Bachelor’s in Business, Marketing or Public Communications degree or related degree. . Ability to multi-task and prioritize multiple projects.
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience preferred.
Supervisory Responsibility, if any:
This position will supervise social media efforts and web site content
It is expected that this position will travel to all away games including any pre-season and post-season games.
When you apply for this job online, you will be required to answer the following questions:
Contact the TeamWorkOnline webmaster / FAQ