Current available jobs in
Communications: Media/Public Relations Servicing
PUBLIC RELATIONS COORDINATOR - Green Bay Packers, Inc. (Green Bay, WI)
This position assists players and front-office staff in all areas of public relations, including interview facilitation, works with organizational television partners, both state and national, and writes for and helps edit team publications, including the media guide.
1) Facilitates interviews with team’s players and assistant coaches in conjunction with other departmental staff.
2) Interacts with players in other areas, including interview preparation and media training.
3) Serves as a primary writer and proofer of all football-related press releases, including weekly in-season game preview release, player bios and supplemental statistics.
4) Serves as primary liaison with Packers’ state TV broadcast partners.
5) Coordinates guests for partner-based, in-season TV programming (i.e., Mike McCarthy Show).
6) Serves as a secondary liaison with NFL network television partners.
7) Writes, edits and proofs annual Packers Media Guide and Season in Review Guide, as assigned by publication editor.
8) Year-round maintenance of alphabetical and numerical team rosters.
9) Helps to facilitate content for Packers Media Group with other departmental staff.
10) Serves as the secondary contact for NFL Films; oversees the annual editing of team highlight video.
11) Staffs practice and open locker room periods, as assigned.
12) Staffs all home and road games.
13) Assists with press box setup for home games.
14) Handles fan and media telephone calls as needed.
15) Serves as one of the primary liaisons with college sports information departments, overseeing information collection on incoming players.
16) Other duties as assigned by the Director of Public Relations.
• Minimum 3 years of work experience (full time or as an intern) in public relations or sports information with a professional sports franchise or in a college sports information department.
• Undergraduate degree (public relations, communications or journalism preferable).
• Strong command of the English language in general and AP style in particular.
• Skill to generate interesting content and statistical notes that accentuates positive aspects of the team and organization, primarily in press release form.
• Ability to edit and proofread reference-like editorial content, including statistics, with a high attention to detail.
• Good computer skills, including knowledge of Adobe InDesign desktop publishing software and Adobe Photoshop plus Internet production tools, a must.
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, including the ability to relate to high-profile athletes and media, are essential to position.
• Must be able to process and appropriately distribute confidential information on a daily basis.
• Ability to identify and navigate potential P.R. issues critical; also should possess sufficient creative skills to positively publicize the organization as well as its players and staff.
• Quality organizational skills and the ability to work under deadlines important.
• Needs to be able to work collaboratively with peers and should possess a willingness to handle some routine tasks.
• Willingness to work non-traditional hours and some weekends.
Supervised by: Director of Public Relations
Please submit a cover letter and resume via TeamWork Online by Wednesday, April 30, 2014 or send to:
Green Bay Packers, Inc.
Attn: Human Resources
1265 Lombardi Avenue
Green Bay, WI 54304
Or email: email@example.com
All resumes submitted will be reviewed and selected qualified candidates will be contacted for an interview.
Apply for this position
Go back job listings
Contributing Writer, Chargers.com - Part Time - San Diego Chargers (San Diego, CA)
Department: Digital Media
Duration: May 2014 - May 2015
Status: Part Time
Job Summary : The San Diego Chargers are looking for a game day writer to contribute articles and stories during the 2014 season for Chargers.com. The Contributing writer would work approximately one to two days per week. In addition, the ideal candidate must be available to attend each home game and work and available to work from home when the team is on the road. On occasion, the Contributing Writer will be asked to attend select practices throughout the week, in addition to select team and organizational events. Ideal candidate would be able to contribute on a minimal basis beginning May 1st 2014.
• Ability to write all game day stories on players, coaches, and all other game related topics
• Ability to come up with and write feature stories, practice reports, notebooks and quick blog style articles.
• Experience working on a deadline with the ability to contribute stories in a timely fashion.
• Conduct, record and transcribe post-practice interviews from open locker room.
• Cover team press conferences, interviews, and other organizational activities.
• Able to demonstrate flexibility and quickly adapt to changes while maintaining high level of productivity and effectiveness under pressure
• Willingness to work long hours, evenings and weekends throughout the year.
• Provide writing samples from related work.
• Ability to work on deadlines and in a fast-paced environment where the demands and directions of the work can constantly change
• In-depth knowledge of football.
• Proficient in AP Stylebook.
When you apply for this job online, you will be required to answer the following questions:
1. Please list any experience you have had working for a publication or website.
2. Please list experiences you have had covering sports, especially football, and what level you have covered.
3. Describe one or two of your personality strengths and how you anticipate them helping you in this role.
4. Give an example of a difficult or sensitive situation that required you to use excellent communication skills?
5. Have you previously worked with the NFL or one of its member clubs? If so, when? With whom?
6. Please paste 3-5 writing samples below.
7. Please indicate the dates when you would be available to start and end.
Apply for this position
Go back job listings