Communications: Media/Public Relations Servicing
Football Communications Manager - Miami Dolphins (Miami Gardens, FL)
- Aptitude – Stats driven professional that has a high level of drive for providing statistical analysis to coaches and media.
- Respect – Ability to have the respect and connect with players in a way that advances the organizational mission.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Work with Senior Vice President of Communications and Community Affairs and Director of Football Communications in a number of areas, including overall football communications strategy.
Establish and maintain a good relationship with local and regional media outlets.
Serve as the primary contact to facilitate player interview requests.
Communications field representative and primary contact for sideline reporters on game days (road only).
Responsible for preparing the offensive or defensive coordinator for weekly media availabilities.
Responsible for the player bio section of the weekly release and serve as the secondary writer for the release.
Serve as secondary writer for all press releases and selected sections of the team media guide.
Responsible for statistical research projects.
Manages the roster and transaction log updates and distribution to staff and media.
Updates and maintains interview logs tracking all interviews facilitated by the team.
Assist Senior Director – Digital And Print Media with selected sections of the media guide.
Transcribe various press conferences and interviews.
Assist in the staff assistant selection process.
Other related duties as assigned.
Bachelor’s in Business, Marketing or Public Communications degree or related degree.
Three or more years of experience in related field.
Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize multiple projects.
- Must be organized, proactive and self-motivated.
Communications: Corporate Communications
Communications Coordinator - USA Football (Indianapolis, IN)
The Communications Coordinator assists in the creation of public relations plans, strategic written and verbal communications and significantly contributes to day-to-day publicity initiatives supporting USA Football resources, programs and constituents.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist in creation of and carrying out publicity plans, short- and long-term
- Draft and edit a diverse range of written and verbal messages to various audiences
- Primary publicity contact for National Teams and corporate sponsorship
- Secondary company spokesman, speaking and writing on-the-record
- Ensure consistent messaging across departments when collaborating within projects, campaigns and programs
- Human resources liaison to oversee day-to-day operation of the department’s internship program, screen and interview candidates with director
Education: Bachelor’s Degree is required
- Two-to-three years of professional work experience within the corporate communications or journalism fields
- Experience in creating and conducting public relations plans
- Proficient in crafting strategic verbal and written communications materials
- Superior writing and presentation skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications
- Demonstrated experience in working with an organization’s constituents, partners and external media
- Detail-oriented with an ability to multitask and prioritize on deadline
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment individually or on a team
- Full-time, exempt position located at USA Football's headquarters in Indianapolis
- All employees must pass a background screening and provide professional references
NO PHONE CALLS – UNSOLICITED CALLS AND EMAILS WILL NOT BE RETURNED.
About USA Football:
USA Football (www.usafootball.com) evolves and grows the sport through innovative standards and best practices to advance coach and player development, participation and safety within the fun of the game and its inherent values. As the sport’s national governing body and member of the U.S. Olympic Committee, USA Football partners with leaders in medicine, child advocacy and athletics to support positive football experiences for youth, high school and other amateur players. Follow USA Football at www.facebook.com/usafootball or on Twitter @USAFootball.