Broadcast: Camera Operator
Cinematographer/Producer - Philadelphia Eagles (Philadelphia, PA)
PHILADELPHIA EAGLES, LLC
The Philadelphia Eagles are known as one of the more progressive organizations in professional sports and have come to be considered one of the most storied sports franchises in history. As an organization the Philadelphia Eagles is both an exciting and demanding place to work fueled by passion, dedication, and a commitment to the community and the Eagles Youth Partnership.
Lincoln Financial Field is one of the premier sports and entertainment facilities in the United States. In addition to being the home of the Philadelphia Eagles, the stadium plays host to numerous other events, providing an unmatched spectator experience for over 65,000 fans. Lincoln Financial Field is maintained and managed by over 50 professionals working together to provide the highest quality sports and entertainment experience in a safe, clean, and friendly environment.
The Philadelphia Eagles have a unique opportunity for a skilled cinematographer. The ideal candidate is an accomplished visual storyteller with 10+ years experience working in the NFL, at the network, league, or team level. Someone with a mastery of camera operation, studio and location lighting, and sound recording techniques. The cinematographer/producer will work with our production team in the creation of all programming and content for stadium, broadcast, digital, and social media channels. The successful candidate has extensive experience with multiple camera formats, including DSLR’s, and has directed a variety of projects from concept through the post-production process.
Cinematographer/Producer will report to the Director of Broadcast Production.
- Serve as the lead producer on weekly access television show, Inside the Season
- Provide creative and technical support for all broadcast and digital programs
- Coordinate and direct weekly practice and game wires
- Coordinate weekly game film download and transcode process
- Coordinate the weekly shoot schedule with Exec. Producer and Production Mgr.
- Collaborate with editors to develop graphical treatments and concepts for programming
- Make critical editorial decisions to trim features and shows to time
- Draft and distribute weekly show rundowns
- Light and shoot both field and studio segments and features
- Manage equipment inventory, testing, and maintenance
- Research, test, and recommend emerging technologies and equipment
- Schedule offseason feature production with Production Manager
- Coordinate and direct talent
- Assist in the production of corporate video projects
- Fulfill media requests for broadcast partners and external clients
- 7+ years of experience as cinematographer/producer
- Experience producing for a major professional or college sports team or league, NFL
- Accomplished visual storyteller with the creativity and technical skills necessary to direct
feature and show production
- Experience conceptualizing and producing long-form programming
- Experience leading multiple projects simultaneously from concept through completion
- High-level of experience with studio and location lighting, camera operation, and sound
- Comprehensive understanding of multiple camera formats, frame rates, resolutions, lenses,
and media processing/storage.
- High level of expertise in shooting with DSLR’s
- Experience shooting game wires and live action.
- Experience producing content for broadcast and digital channels
- Complete understanding of the post-production process.
- Must provide a reel that demonstrates:
1. Exceptional visual storytelling.
2. A unique approach and perspective
3. Advanced live game action camera work
4. DSLR experience
5. Creativity and attention to detail in the execution of studio and field segments
- Flexibility to work long hours and a non-traditional schedule, including weekends and someholidays.
- Willingness to travel for feature and game production throughout the year.
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs
- Standing or sitting for extended periods of time.
- Working in extreme heat or cold weather conditions
- Adapt quickly to changing priorities, and manage several projects simultaneously