Current job openings |
My Account - TeamWork Online | Mobile
Current available jobs in
Broadcast: Media/Video Production
Chief Broadcast Engineer - MetLife Stadium (East Rutherford, NJ)
Job Title: Chief Broadcast Engineer
Department: Broadcast/Media (Facility Management)
Provides video and audio engineering services and broadcast services to MetLife Stadium (MLS). Provides facilities and services for video and audio replays, team assets, video display and large format LED displays, as well as engineering support to broadcast trucks. Provides support and maintenance for simultaneous video production of primary event feeds, IPTV video production distribution, web streaming, social networking, and external video presentations. Maintains and provides audio and visual equipment and systems for tenant needs throughout MLS
- Supervises the work of part-time and casual employees consisting of contracted Broadcast Engineers and Audio Visual crew members.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: include the following, other duties may be assigned.
- Performs as Engineer in Charge (EIC) for all Broadcast, A/V, and Media Services related to remote production trucks to ensure all signals and data are routed properly.
- Leads all work coordination and systems engineering as required or dictated by Stadium event schedule;
- Guides and maintains the integrity and operability of stadium audio and video (AV) distribution channels, infrastructure and systems within the Stadium;
- Monitors equipment that may be malfunctioning during broadcasts and implements timely solutions so that the broadcasts remain uninterrupted; handles emergency repairs during events; Provides proactive engineering maintenance support for all systems to minimize event impact;
- Supports Teams and third party events in show presentation at the direction of the department manager;
- Develops engineering solutions to facilitate build out requests to plan and coordinate equipment usage schedules, procedures for equipment maintenance, repair, upgrade and installation;
Act as liaison with manufacturers to coordinate and authorize warranty repairs for both preventive and predictive maintenance;
- Monitors acquisition and use of materials, consumables and animation media;
- Maintains time, payroll, work orders, material, equipment and other departmental records and submit timely reports to Asst. Director of Broadcast, Media and AV Services to maximize departmental revenues;
- Assists Asst. Director of Broadcast, Media and AV Services by recommending items to include in operating and capital budgets;
- Creates, assists and monitors engineering design requirements relating to equipment;
- Supervises technical engineering personnel crewed to an event;
- Maintain and update Autocad based drawing system as necessary or required.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The employee should also have the following qualification:
Education and Experience:
- High School Degree/GED required;
- Bachelor’s Degree (B.A.) in related field preferred; Broadcast/Communications;
- 10 to 15 years of component level engineering support at network, major market or large facility level;
- Knowledge of; Sony Cameras, CCU’s, BBU’s, Riedel Comm System, Harris Router, EVS System, 360 Systems, Click Effects, Sony Production Switcher, Optocore Audio Network, Cobranet Audio Network, Familiarity with Stadium Truck Docks, NuComm, Wave Central ,Wireless ENG Cam Tx/Rx systems, HME’s, LAN, 802.11x, IPTV, audio decoding and distribution equipment and broadband requirements including, Multicasting Solutions, Spreadsheet software , Word Processing and CAD software. Advanced knowledge of Internet Protocol TV, (IPTV) in HD and other formats and broadcast and ENG content capturing and distribution internal and enterprise solutions. Possess knowledge of digital and analog audio systems and distribution networks.
- To perform the job successfully, the individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Able to implement immediate solutions for equipment that is not functioning properly;
- Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events;
- Communicates change effectively;
- Monitors transition and evaluates results.
- Meets constant and important deadlines;
- Develops project plans;
- Coordinates projects;
- Completes projects on time and budget;
- Interfaces with 4 to 6 team representatives.
- Displays original thinking and creativity;
- Generates creative suggestions for improving work;
- Develops alternative solutions;
- Adapts new technology and strategy to changing solutions.
- Asses own strengths and weaknesses;
- Pursues training and development opportunities;
- Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills;
- Shares expertise with others.
- Prioritizes and plans work activities;
- Uses time efficiently;
- Develops realistic action plans.
Safety and Security-
- Observes safety and security procedures;
- Reports potentially unsafe conditions;
- Uses equipment and materials properly;
Other Skills and Abilities:
- Experience in all aspects of television: engineering, production, post production, programming and traffic beneficial;
- Knowledge of applicable electrical codes, SMPTE, AES and animation standards and regulations in both existing and emerging technologies;
- Knowledge of basic concepts of component engineering relating to house audio distribution and the facility’s video replay equipment;
- Knowledge of the tools, equipment and materials common to the analog and digital broadcasts trade, video creation and distribution, animation, scoring control and LED matrix trades.
- Position requires the ability to walk, stand, sit, reach with hands or arms, twist, turn and climb stairs
- Position requires the ability to lift and/or move 50 pounds.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate, however, during events the noise level may be loud;
- Employees must be able to work on evenings, weekends and holidays as required.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the functions of this job.
When you apply for this job online, you will be required to answer the following questions:
1. Do you possess the necessary experience is all aspects of television: engineeringt, production, post production, programming and traffic? Including applicable electrical codes?
2. Do you possess knowledge of tools, equipment and material common to the analog and digital broadcasts trade, video creation and distribution, animation, scoring control and LED matrix trades?
3. Do you hold a Bachelor's Degree in a related field; Broadcast/Communications?
4. Do you have a minimum of 10-15 years of component level engineering support at network, major market or large facility level?
5. Are you able to work the unique stadium schedule which will include nights, weekends and holidays as events dictate?
Apply for this position
Go back job listings
Contact the TeamWorkOnline webmaster / FAQ