Current job openings |
My Account - TeamWork Online | Mobile
Current available jobs in
Broadcast: Broadcast Production
Broadcast Engineer - MetLife Stadium (East Rutherford, NJ)
MetLife Stadium is seeking a Broadcast Engineer. This is an exempt level position requiring nights, weekends and holidays as needed.
- Provides video engineering services and broadcast services to MetLife Stadium (MLS)
- Provides facilities and services for video and audio replays, team assets, video display and l format LED displays, as well as engineering support to broadcast trucks
- Provides support and maintenance for simultaneous video production of primary event feeds, IPTV video production distribution, and external video presentations
- Maintains and provides audio and visual equipment and systems for tenant needs throughout MLS
Supervises the work of part-time and casual employees consisting of Broadcast Engineers and Audio Visual crew members
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: include the following, other duties may be assigned.
- Helps maintain the integrity and operability of replay room, video distribution channels and systems through maintenance work
- Finds and implements solutions for equipment that is not functioning during broadcasts so that the broadcasts are not interrupted;
- Maintains, schedules, assigns, plans, monitors and reviews the work of department personnel performing a variety of assigned projects and tasks;
- Assists teams and third party events in show presentation at the direction of the department manager
- Develops engineering solutions to facilitate build out requests to plan and coordinate equipment usage schedules, priority of capital expenditures and procedures for equipment maintenance, repair and upgrade and installation;
- Act as liaison with manufacturers to coordinate and authorize warranty repairs for both preventative and predictive maintenance;
- Monitors acquisition and use of materials, consumables and animation media;
- Maintains time, payroll, work orders, material, equipment and other departmental records and submit timely reports to Director of Broadcast and AV Services to maximize departmental revenues;
- Oversees the facility’s commercial insertion system;
- Assists in preparation of capital and operations budget;
- Creates, assists and monitors engineering design requirements relating to equipment;
- Supervises technical engineering personnel crewed to an event;
- Handles emergency repairs during events;
- Provides backup as Engineer in Charge (EIC) when Director of Broadcast, A/V, and Media Services cannot be present – related to remote production trucks to insure all signals and data are routed properly
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The employee should also have the following qualification:
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree (B.A.) in related field preferred; Broadcast/Communications;
- 10 to 15 years of component level engineering work at network, major market or large facility level;
- Knowledge of Riedel Comm System, Harris Router, EVS System, Maxx, Crossfire, Sony Switcher, Optocore Audio Network, Cobranet Audio Network, Familiarity with Stadium Truck Docks, NuComm, HME’s, LAN, 802.11x, IPTV, audio decoding and distribution equipment and broadband requirements including, Multicasting Solutions, Spreadsheet software and Word Processing software. Advanced knowledge of Internet;
- Protocol TV, (IPTV) in HD and other formats and broadcast and ENG content capturing and distribution internal and enterprise solutions. Possess knowledge of digital and analog audio systems and distribution networks.
To perform the job successfully, the individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Able to implement immediate solutions for equipment that is not functioning properly;
- Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events;
- Communicates change effectively;
- Monitors transition and evaluates results
- Meets constant and important deadlines;
- Develops project plans;
- Coordinates projects;
- Completes projects on time and budget;
- Interfaces with 4 to 6 team representatives
- Displays original thinking and creativity;
- Generates creative suggestions for improving work;
- Develops alternative solutions;
- Adapts new technology and strategy to changing solutions
- Assess own strengths and weaknesses;
- Pursues training and development opportunities;
- Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills;
- Shares expertise with others
- Prioritizes and plans work activities;
- Uses time efficiently;
- Develops realistic action plans
Safety and Security-
- Observes safety and security procedures;
- Reports potentially unsafe conditions;
- Uses equipment and materials properly
Other Skills and Abilities:
- Experience in all aspects of television: engineering, production, programming and traffic beneficial;
- Knowledge of applicable electrical codes, broadcasting and animation standards and regulations in both existing and emerging technologies;
- Knowledge of basic concepts of component engineering relating to house PA and the facility’s video replay equipment;
- Knowledge of the tools, equipment and materials common to the analog and digital broadcasts trade, video creation and distribution, animation, scoring control and LED matrix trades
- Position requires the ability to walk, stand, sit, reach with hands or arms, twist, turn and climb stairs.
- Position requires the ability to lift and/or move 50 pounds
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate, however, during events the noise level may be loud;
- Employees must be able to work on evenings, weekends and holidays as required.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the functions of this job.
When you apply for this job online, you will be required to answer the following questions:
1. Do you possess the necessary techinical expertise?
2. Do you hold the required college degree?
3. Do you have 10-15 years of component level engineering at network, major market or large facility level?
4. Can you work the unique Stadium hours including nights, weekends and holidays as events dictate?
5. Do you have the knowledge of the tools, equipment and materials common to the analog and digital broadcasts trade, etc.?
Apply for this position
Go back job listings
Contact the TeamWorkOnline webmaster / FAQ