Administration/General Management: Receptionist/Switchboard
Receptionist and Admin. Assistant - CenturyLink Field (Seattle, WA)
The North West VIP Receptionist and Administrative Assistant is the primary point of contact for guests and visitors at CenturyLink Field, CenturyLink Event Center and WaMu Theatre. This Leader of First Impressions, has a cheery friendly disposition at all times, and is a great multi-tasker with strong interpersonal skills who is at ease in a formal, professional corporate environment.
Essential duties and responsibilities:
• Provide outstanding customer service to all guests and visitors entering the North West VIP lobby.
• Ensures that all visitors are comfortable while waiting in the NW VIP lobby.
• Manages and maintains daily log of all visitors who enter NW VIP lobby.
• Provide all clients and guests with temporary badges who need to enter CenturyLink Field, CenturyLink Event Center and WaMu Theatre.
• Coordinate the release of guests from NW VIP lobby by contacting the appropriate staff members or departments to ensure that guests are greeted and escorted properly.
• Accepts all in-coming and out-going deliveries from the NW VIP lobby and coordinates these deliveries with our staff.
• Answers all inquires directly or redirects to the appropriate department or staff member.
• Responsible for updating the daily NW VIP guest information board.
• Maintains the professional appearance of the NW VIP lobby and receptionist area.
• Coordinates daily guest log with IPM, Security and FGI front desk to ensure the safety and security of our guests while on property.
• Ensures there is an adequate supply of visitor badges, courier tracking forms and other custom forms needed for the operation of the NW VIP lobby.
• Provides back-up administrative support to the FGI front desk and for other departments when called upon.
• Collaborate and develop open channels of communication with FGI and VMAC staff to create a united front during daily operations, as well as for events so our company can provide first class services for our guests.
• Demonstrates in all aspects of job performance, a service-oriented attitude along with the outstanding Guest Service skills expected of all CenturyLink staff.
• Special projects and tasks as assigned.
• 1 -2 years experience in a Receptionist and administrative assistant position.
• Strong communication skills (written and oral).
• Able to work independently with minimal supervision.
• Proficient in the operation of various PC applications including Word, Excel and Outlook.
• Excellent spreadsheet, word processing, and presentation skills.
• A highly developed attention to detail in producing accurate materials and reports.
• Proven professional, tactful and diplomatic communication style.
• Demonstrated ability to handle sensitive and confidential information and situations.
• Demonstrated ability to be creative and seek proactive solutions to problems and situations before and/or after they arise with little or no supervision.
• Ability and willingness to work an event driven schedule including weekend, evening and some holiday hours.
• Bachelor’s degree desired
• Experience in a sports and entertainment facility or other hospitality-oriented business such as theme parks, hotels or airlines desired.
This position has no supervisory responsibility.
Work Environment and Physical Demands:
Must be able to sit or stand at NW VIP receptionist desk for the duration of shift.
While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly required to use hands and fingers.
The employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is required to stand, sit, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee is frequently required to lift 25 pounds. If needed during events and on game day, this job requires many hours of standing and walking.
Requirements may vary depending on position.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills required of personnel so classified.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements and descriptions listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.